Axe-Fx III Factory Presets

NOTE: The link in the OP has been updated. There were a few presets in Bank A that didn't have the Cabinet Resonance set to default.
On the Plexi 50W preset, scene 1 "6550" is saved with the 1987X model on channel D selected instead of the 6550 plexi on channel A.

Last edited:
I've always thought Axe-Fx presets were good for factory presets but I rarely use them. And I'm not a big Fender amp guy nor do I usually prefer playing FRFR over a regular guitar cab. Having said that, I could spend all day playing the Brownface preset through my QSC K10. I don't know if it was tweaked beyond the new SIC, but it is hands down one of the best tones I've ever heard and is a joy to play.

I have always been a big fan of that preset!

So if we already updated all 3 banks, only bank A needs to be updated?

Yes, pretty much because of what Cliff said, and also if you look at the datetime stamps for the 3 bank files in the updated Zip then you will see Bank A has today's date and Banks B & C are from the 18th.

NOTE: The link in the OP has been updated. There were a few presets in Bank A that didn't have the Cabinet Resonance set to default.

Quick question if I may?

For new presets 11.xx, I’ve heavily modded patch #’s: 00 (Bassman), 04 , 09 (100W plexi), and 16 (Bogner) w/ controllers, routing, fx, levels etc.

Are any of these affected? If not, I’ll save them back elsewhere and simply reload your fantastic gift! Alternatively if affected, is it easy for me to set them to default/correctly?

I noticed after installing the new Factory Presets, the SLO 100 Preset (I think 021??), scene 1, Clean, the Amp is Capt Hook. Is that correct??

Quick question if I may?

For new presets 11.xx, I’ve heavily modded patch #’s: 00 (Bassman), 04 , 09 (100W plexi), and 16 (Bogner) w/ controllers, routing, fx, levels etc.

Are any of these affected? If not, I’ll save them back elsewhere and simply reload your fantastic gift! Alternatively if affected, is it easy for me to set them to default/correctly?
Installing the Firmware 11 should not affect them. But if you update your presets with the new version 11 presets, all your preset settings will be lost. So copy or back them up, before installing the new updated version 11 preset pack.

Installing the Firmware 11 should not affect them. But if you update your presets with the new version 11 presets, all your preset settings will be lost. So copy or back them up, before installing the new updated version 11 preset pack.

I should be clearer ... I've installed FW 11.0 and Presets 11.xx and then modded the aforementioned presets. Trying to understand if I need to reload the new, latest bank A to fix some amps and rebuild my presets or flip a param value in them.

I noticed after installing the new Factory Presets, the SLO 100 Preset (I think 021??), scene 1, Clean, the Amp is Capt Hook. Is that correct??
I think you may have changed something. Channel D on the amp block is Capt Hook, but that isn't used in any of the scenes.

I should be clearer ... I've installed FW 11.0 and Presets 11.xx and then modded the aforementioned presets. Trying to understand if I need to reload the new, latest bank A to fix some amps and rebuild my presets or flip a param value in them.
Not sure but I would to be safe. This is why I never modify the factory presets. I modify and save to a blank preset location, so my factory presets stay the same. Then I can update freely when they come out and compare to my modified preset.

Back
Top Bottom