IRs York Audio presents the MTCH 212 in .Wav format based on Matchless!

Third-party impulse response pack

York Audio

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I'm so excited about this new chapter in York Audio's story. Check out my NEW WEBSITE with four new cab packs in .wav format at www.yorkaudio.co
I'm having a Site Launch Sale right now!

First up is a cab I've been dying to shoot for a very long time, and it came out beautifully. This clip was made with the Matchbox D-30 model using the BLND Mix 01, which is a blend of the M25 and H30.

The York Audio MTCH 212 is based on a Matchless ESD 212 loaded with custom voiced Celestion M25 and H30 speakers exclusively made for Matchless products. This Cab Pack perfectly captures that signature tone for gorgeous etherial cleans, Class-A grit, and singing leads. Multi-mic mixes are included for each speaker as well as speaker blends of the M25 and H30 speakers for some beautifully complex tones.

Mics included in this Cab Pack:
57 - based on a Shure SM57
421 - based on a vintage Sennheiser MD421
906 - based on a Sennheiser e906
121 -based on a Royer R-121
160 - based on a Beryerdynamic M160
414 - based on an AKG C414

need to check it out, hardly any captures of the cab out there
Nice. Going to give this a try.
Let me know what you guys think if you check them out. I’d highly recommend checking out the Mixes. Kick on an overdrive to hear the unique character in each one.

All of the mics have 5 shots that were selected by ear, not brightness or darkness. So if you dig single mics, try them out to see which ones fit your particular guitar and hands. I played a ton of guitars and made sure that the capture range would work with any guitar with simple Bass, Treble, or High Cut adjustments.

Well, color me insanely excited.

Quick questions:

How long are you planning in keeping these launch prices? I'm probably going to buy every pack, since i now own all but the Ac30 and Bass cab packs you released previously, but I'm not going to be able to do it tonight since I'm away from my computer. $20 is a steal for your IRs, but i'm a sale fiend so I have to ask.

Also, though it may be a bit of a faux pas to ask (and if you can't answer I totally understand) but for those of us considering buying what remains in the Fractal shop, should we just hold out for similar IRs on your site or will all future offerings be unique to the new site and vice versa? I own like a dozen Mesa 4x12 IRs, but the Bipolar pack is still my favorite, so i have no problem picking up the new version with your new techniques. My ears tend to favor your IRs, so regardless of the answer or lack thereof in the event you can't/don't want to say too much, you'll have my meager financial support, for what its worth.

Well, color me insanely excited.

Quick questions:

How long are you planning in keeping these launch prices? I'm probably going to buy every pack, since i now own all but the Ac30 and Bass cab packs you released previously, but I'm not going to be able to do it tonight since I'm away from my computer. $20 is a steal for your IRs, but i'm a sale fiend so I have to ask.

Also, though it may be a bit of a faux pas to ask (and if you can't answer I totally understand) but for those of us considering buying what remains in the Fractal shop, should we just hold out for similar IRs on your site or will all future offerings be unique to the new site and vice versa? I own like a dozen Mesa 4x12 IRs, but the Bipolar pack is still my favorite, so i have no problem picking up the new version with your new techniques. My ears tend to favor your IRs, so regardless of the answer or lack thereof in the event you can't/don't want to say too much, you'll have my meager financial support, for what its worth.
Great questions.

1. I haven’t decided how long I’ll keep the sale prices up at the moment. I’m just excited about getting these into people’s hands. You’ll be fine even though you’re away from your computer tonight.

2. I think with all people who love what they do, there’s always the desire to push yourself and refine your craft. I’m proud of all of the packs I’ve done for Fractal. I’ve heard great clips that used those packs, seen killer bands using them live, and have had a lot of support for them, but I liken them to the Axe-II vs Axe-III. Can you get great tones with an Axe-II? Absolutely. They sound fantastic and are still used by pros every day. BUT, the Axe-III is clearly a leap forward in sound, feel, dimension, and overall experience. That’s the difference between my older packs and my new ones.

New studio, new gear, new capture techniques, new cab pack layout... it’s a new experience, but one that I’m very confident in. And sincerely, thank you for your kindness and support. Tone is such a personal thing, so it means a lot to me that you want to keep going on this journey with me.

Great questions.

1. I haven’t decided how long I’ll keep the sale prices up at the moment. I’m just excited about getting these into people’s hands. You’ll be fine even though you’re away from your computer tonight.

2. I think with all people who love what they do, there’s always the desire to push yourself and refine your craft. I’m proud of all of the packs I’ve done for Fractal. I’ve heard great clips that used those packs, seen killer bands using them live, and have had a lot of support for them, but I liken them to the Axe-II vs Axe-III. Can you get great tones with an Axe-II? Absolutely. They sound fantastic and are still used by pros every day. BUT, the Axe-III is clearly a leap forward in sound, feel, dimension, and overall experience. That’s the difference between my older packs and my new ones.

New studio, new gear, new capture techniques, new cab pack layout... it’s a new experience, but one that I’m very confident in. And sincerely, thank you for your kindness and support. Tone is such a personal thing, so it means a lot to me that you want to keep going on this journey with me.

Thank you so much for the answers. I'm excited to see what else you eventually release and happy i can use them with all my devices, as much as the Axe fx 3 reigns supreme.

Let me know what you guys think if you check them out. I’d highly recommend checking out the Mixes. Kick on an overdrive to hear the unique character in each one.

All of the mics have 5 shots that were selected by ear, not brightness or darkness. So if you dig single mics, try them out to see which ones fit your particular guitar and hands. I played a ton of guitars and made sure that the capture range would work with any guitar with simple Bass, Treble, or High Cut adjustments.

In addition to using them with my Axe-FX III, I plan to use these in my Strymon Iridium and am assuming that since these are .WAV files, they will work there, as well.

Thank you so much for the answers. I'm excited to see what else you eventually release and happy i can use them with all my devices, as much as the Axe fx 3 reigns supreme.
I’ve got a list of 16 cabs in line. It’s gonna be a busy season for sure. Lots of cool stuff will be coming, but I thought these first four cabs would offer a lot of variety. I’m also open to suggestions.

Wow that sounds great. Just purchased. Can’t wait to try them out.
Thank you! You gotta let me know what you think. :)

In addition to using them with my Axe-FX III, I plan to use these in my Strymon Iridium and am assuming that since these are .WAV files, they will work there, as well.
Yup, these will work with anything that can load IR’s. We’ve tested the files with a number of hardware and software units and everything has worked wonderfully.

This sounds amazing. I'm pretty sure I'll be purchasing this pack. Are there any other sound clips available with this pack?

I want to redo this one, but it gives you an idea for overdrive texture. It was a quick demo, but I think I can make it cool when I get a little time.

Purchased! Oddly, I have suddenly developed a fever and need to head home. Only more cowbell, or IRs in this case, will help. :p
Thanks for buying it! I know the feeling. You can cure almost anything with more cowbell. And make sure to hydrate with Vitamin Wat-IR.

I want to redo this one, but it gives you an idea for overdrive texture. It was a quick demo, but I think I can make it cool when I get a little time.

Thanks for buying it! I know the feeling. You can cure almost anything with more cowbell. And make sure to hydrate with Vitamin Wat-IR.

Just purchased this from my hospital bed where I just had an angiogram with perfect results. looks like you’ll have me around a little bit longer to make useless comments… Looking forward to plug in this one in ,that will be a couple days till I can use my right arm to strum…

Just purchased this from my hospital bed where I just had an angiogram with perfect results. looks like you’ll have me around a little bit longer to make useless comments… Looking forward to plug in this one in ,that will be a couple days till I can use my right arm to strum…

Good luck with the recovery - glad it went well!

I’m thankful that your results were great! And thanks for picking up the pack. Hopefully your arm will feel better soon, but I’m sure Leon has a video on single hand tapping to get you through.

Back
Top Bottom