FracTool - for power users only

Hi Alex,
I'm using Batch Setter with function set to "Just resave".
When I edit the field "Apply to presets", the cursor stays in that field after pressing Enter, and the button "Apply" is not operational.

There's no problem when I just leave that field at its default setting (0-511).

Hi Alex,
When I edit the field "Apply to presets", the cursor stays in that field after pressing Enter, and the button "Apply" is not operational.

Hey Alex, Thanks checking this right now :)

I think I figured out what is going on with the pitch block arpeggiator.

FracTool shows the steps in this order: Step 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. When it converts the block it coverts step 1 like it should be, but it converts the values for step 10 as if it were step 2, step 11 as if it were step 3, (and so on) step 12 as step 4, step 13 as step 5, step 14 as step 6, step 15 as step 7, step 16 as step 8.

The conversion comes out as:
Step 1= 3
Step 2 = 24 (when it should have been 0)
Step 3 = 24 (when it should have been 3)
Step 4 = 24 (when it should have been 4)
Step 5 = 24 (when it should have been 5)
Step 6 = 24 (when it should have been 4)
Step 7 = 24 (when it should have been 0)
Step 8 = 24 (when it should have been 0)
etc.

Here is a screen shot of the pitch block arpeggiator section one of Simeon synth presets I converted.

I've already corrected the few presets I needed to by hand so I am good. I just thought this info might help you.

View attachment 59708
Ok found the bug, a lot of conversions will work better now :)

Hi Alex,

FracTool 3.38 is available :
- Supports AxeFx III firmware 11 beta 1
- Fixes Apply button in batch setter
- Fixes synth arpeggios conversion issues when converting from II to III

I have not tried the batch setter yet. Is it possible with the batch setter to change the cab block for a group of presets?
If so, who do you do it? I have a bunch of presets I'd like to have the same cab block.

The cab slot you mean? Yes

I created a master cab block with my favourite 16 cab blocks in it. Channel A = 4x12 cabs for Marshalls & Freedman's, Channel B = cabs for Fender amps, Channel C = cabs for Vox, Matchless, and Morgan amps, and Channel D = Misc others.

I was wondering if I could use batch setter to load in this whole master cab block to a group of presets at a time. I've never used batch setter and don't really know what it can and can not do.

I created a master cab block with my favourite 16 cab blocks in it. Channel A = 4x12 cabs for Marshalls & Freedman's, Channel B = cabs for Fender amps, Channel C = cabs for Vox, Matchless, and Morgan amps, and Channel D = Misc others.

I was wondering if I could use batch setter to load in this whole master cab block to a group of presets at a time. I've never used batch setter and don't really know what it can and can not do.
No, it's a setter, not a block putter ^^

@AlGrenadine
Al, I apologize for the basic question.
My goal is to transfer all of my presets and cabs from my AX8 to the AxeFxIII. However, I have to relinquish the AX8 before the the FXIII arrives.
Do I just need to backup the AX8 thru FracTool into the three basic files (System, All-Preset-Banks, All-Cabs-Banks) and then I will be able to just drop the Preset and Cab banks all at once into the FxIII? Or do I have to do something more nuanced?
Just don't want to get my FXIII and realize I didn't get the correct files from my (already gone) AX8.

@AlGrenadine
Al, I apologize for the basic question.
My goal is to transfer all of my presets and cabs from my AX8 to the AxeFxIII. However, I have to relinquish the AX8 before the the FXIII arrives.
Do I just need to backup the AX8 thru FracTool into the three basic files (System, All-Preset-Banks, All-Cabs-Banks) and then I will be able to just drop the Preset and Cab banks all at once into the FxIII? Or do I have to do something more nuanced?
Just don't want to get my FXIII and realize I didn't get the correct files from my (already gone) AX8.
You need a whole backup with Fractal Bot

After downloading the latest update (Ver 3.38) and using with Axe Edit III version 1.03.10, I cannot get any presets to send to the Axe III. The preset just shows all blank blocks, irrespective of what preset I'm trying to send (XL+, AX8, etc). Any workaround for this?Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 13.27.36 PM.png

Hey there - just got my AxeFx III and want to convert all of my AX8 Band presets. I think FracTool is the perfect way to go :)
How can I convert custom scales for the Harmonizer? This is not automatically done, right? What about user cabs? Are they converted automatically?
Thanks for your help

Hey there - just got my AxeFx III and want to convert all of my AX8 Band presets. I think FracTool is the perfect way to go :)
How can I convert custom scales for the Harmonizer? This is not automatically done, right? What about user cabs? Are they converted automatically?
Thanks for your help
Drop preset banks on the hard-drive icon, then click the top-left menu in the bank window to save as Axe-fx-3 format.
Do the same thing for cab banks.
Then use FractalBot to send the presets then the cabs.
No, custom hatmonizer scales are in the system bank which cannot be converted

Drop preset banks on the hard-drive icon, then click the top-left menu in the bank window to save as Axe-fx-3 format.
Do the same thing for cab banks.
Then use FractalBot to send the presets then the cabs.
No, custom hatmonizer scales are in the system bank which cannot be converted
How are you feeling brother? Was just thinking about our Fractal friends having health issues..having been thru some myself...but I’m optimistic and feeling good and wishing the same for all of us.

Back
Top Bottom