Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00 Public Beta 1

I've been playing for another 40 minutes and it hasn't happened again. If it happens any more tonight I'll report it.

When it happened earlier it was shortly after I changed the default "greenback" for the Friedman HBE 2018 to "basketweave" and back to compare them. It was on "greenback" when it happened.

Am I the only one that noticed a different volume switching from the "NULL CABINET" (lower) to one of the impedance curves (so much higher)?

:)

Am I the only one that noticed a different volume switching from the "NULL CABINET" (lower) to one of the impedance curves (so much higher)?

:)
Null cabinet does not have those impedance resonance peaks found from real speaker/cab impedance curves. Real tube power amps and the great modelling in AxeFX will excite more power from power amp because of resonant peaks and this will be heard as a louder sound.

Last edited:
The volume is changing on one side. It gets way quieter then louder on one side. Me and at least one other person had this happen on the previous beta and mentioned it. It was fined for the first five minutes or so or playing then did it for about five minutes, then corrected itself and has been working fine for the last five minutes. Never had this happen before.
mmm...I installed the new firmware this afternoon & I'm pretty sure that this has been happening to me on & off. I'm not sure if it's a L/R problem because I'm running a mono setup. However I've had quite a few momentary volume dropouts. I have been playing exclusively with the new speaker impedance curve but I haven't nailed it down to any particular selection yet. At first I thought that it was duff cable but I have changed my leads so I don't think that it is. Could be something else...I'll keep playing!

Apart form my previous post saying about volume drops I'd like to say that I think the new firmware is really good!

I do have a couple of queries though. Although I've read this thread intensively & think that I understand the rational I still remain slightly puzzled at the exact method I should use to ensure that my existing presets benefit form the new curves. If I have selected Yes to Update pre-11.x......in the global settings do I get the correct curve as soon as I select a preset or do I have to reset the amp? I ask because I have tried a few presets now & it doesn't seem to work the way I thought that it would.

Second query is that I adopted Leon's method of tuning my 2x12 cab by using the synth. I really like this as I get a much fatter sound. I reckon that my cab's resonance is around 125hz. So do I still need to do this if I using the new curves?

Having played around this afternoon trying not to look at the name of the curve, just selecting & scrolling through them while playing & listening, I always seem to select the ones that are in the ball park of say 110hz upwards. This tallys with my cab's resonance. I wonder whether this is in fact the major part of this new setting. Ie the curves that people are getting preferences for have settings that are close to the resonant frequency of the cab. Obviously if playing through one & not FRFR...

Does that make sense? Anyway the Q remains. Do I still need to set the resonant frequency to my setting even when using the new curves? (Yes I realise that it's mostly personal choice but I'm asking for views on it)

Cheers

edited to add that I remain confused as the EDITED led is permanently on whatever I do...

Last edited:
I just want to say all the recent updates have made the Axe-FX III sound unbelievable !!

Thank You ! Cliff and the entire Fractal team !

Apart form my previous post saying about volume drops I'd like to say that I think the new firmware is really good!

I do have a couple of queries though. Although I've read this thread intensively & think that I understand the rational I still remain slightly puzzled at the exact method I should use to ensure that my existing presets benefit form the new curves. If I have selected Yes to Update pre-11.x......in the global settings do I get the correct curve as soon as I select a preset or do I have to reset the amp?

If you have Yes selected, presets are updated with the correct curve as soon as you load them. Simply click the save button and you're done. Do that for all of the presets you want to update with the new curves.

Usually, my fractal bot lets me know theres a new firmware update.....is my program like not connecting (i just installed a household VPN) or is it because its a beta??

The volume is changing on one side. It gets way quieter then louder on one side. Me and at least one other person had this happen on the previous beta and mentioned it. It was fined for the first five minutes or so or playing then did it for about five minutes, then corrected itself and has been working fine for the last five minutes. Never had this happen before.
mmm...I installed the new firmware this afternoon & I'm pretty sure that this has been happening to me on & off. I'm not sure if it's a L/R problem because I'm running a mono setup. However I've had quite a few momentary volume dropouts. I have been playing exclusively with the new speaker impedance curve but I haven't nailed it down to any particular selection yet. At first I thought that it was duff cable but I have changed my leads so I don't think that it is. Could be something else...I'll keep playing!
Post presets and system settings please and thanks.

If you have Yes selected, presets are updated with the correct curve as soon as you load them. Simply click the save button and you're done. Do that for all of the presets you want to update with the new curves.
Thanks. Yes that's what I thought but it wasn't happening...also, as per my post, the edit light was permanently on. I restarted the Axe several times, I tried saving the presets, disconnecting my laptop & whatever else I could think of but it just wasn't happening! Went out for an hour & when I came back it was working perfectly as I understood it should...Go figure.

I played for another couple of hours & not a single glitch. Also the volume dropouts have disawentappeared too.

Confused but relieved.

BTW it sounds fantastic!

I will happily do so if it reappears but please see the post before this one. A strange glitch in the space time continuum occurred...

Back
Top Bottom