Pay you to convert my presets II->III

L

luke

I’ve owned the III since day it came out. I just don’t have the time to program it with my work obligations.

On the II, I use presets, on the III, I’d to use scenes and channels.

Our songs are grouped in 5s. Presets 1-5 are one song, 2-10 the next, etc.

You would need to take my II presets 1-5 and convert them into a single preset for the III, etc. Bringing over the amps, effects and cabinets. I understand I will need to adjust the amps to sound similar, but I need the bulk busy work to be outsourced.

I have 100 presets on the II.

If this something you are capable of doing and wish to earn some extra money doing it, please PM me.

I had the same issue. I'm in a cover band that gigs pretty much every weekend but I work a day gig and don't have much time to program. I recently had to convert all my Ax8 presets to AxIII to get it gig ready I'm not gonna lie, it took a while. But, I'm super happy with the result. I suggest you try it. No one is going to know how to dial in your tones like you. Also, the AxIII has so much more processing power you can add a lot more to each preset. For example, I used to have 4 clean presets for various tunes. I combined them in the III and have one clean preset with 8 scenes that covers all my clean tones and then some. I did the same for classic rock tunes. I combined about 8 presets down to 2 and they sound killer. When you do this you can rethink your presets and really improve them. I know this sounds like a lot of work but it can be done. I just recreated the basic grid order for each one and tried to match the settings as close as possible. There is so much more ability in the III to tweak that you will no doubt find ways to improve your tone. Good luck.

Well, converting presets is automatable but merging presets into one is a harder piece

Exactly. I’d imagine each piece would have to saved to a folder and then drawn back out. It is a massive undertaking and as the CFO of an international construction company with 80 live projects I do not see me having that kind of time anytime soon.

You might be better off just trying to start from scratch and create more flexible presets that may be formatted different than you are used to. The Axe FX III is extremely powerful.

I am coming from an AX8 where I had a specific preset for each song I played. I have been able to fit almost all of that range of tones into a single preset that requires minimal tap dancing to access all of those tones.

If you lay out all the tones you need access to I may be able to design a preset that can accomplish all your tones in one preset. Are you using the FC12 as a foot controller?
For free BTW...

I had to do the same thing converting 1-4 presets/song(65+ songs) on the II into 1 preset/song with 1-4 scenes on the III with FC-6!
Took quite some time but I am not working a regular job besides my band. What foot pedal do you have?
I may be interested in doing this as my brother and I have had the Fractal gear since the Ultra and he has payed me to do all his presets and conversions!

I had to do the same thing converting 1-4 presets/song(65+ songs) on the II into 1 preset/song with 1-4 scenes on the III with FC-6!
Took quite some time but I am not working a regular job besides my band. What foot pedal do you have?
I may be interested in doing this as my brother and I have had the Fractal gear since the Ultra and he has payed me to do all his presets and conversions!

FC-12

Exactly. I’d imagine each piece would have to saved to a folder and then drawn back out. It is a massive undertaking and as the CFO of an international construction company with 80 live projects I do not see me having that kind of time anytime soon.
I’m a lawyer and head of my department. 😊

You don’t have to do that. Just use quick build and get the blocks on a chain. Then go in and tweak. You can literally build a gig preset that sounds great in 5 minutes. Each block has 4 channels so you can build 4 completely different rigs in one preset. It’s a lot easier than you think.

Last edited:
I’d suggest finding a little time to familiarize yourself with the III... or just keep gigging with the II. IMHO, no point in having the newer version of it if you can’t know the differences and plan how to use them!

Luke, there is a girl that walks the back alleys of Fractal HQ's. Her name is Stacee. She'll convert patches, or do anything for that matter, for a hundred dollar bill. You're welcome.

This would be an opportune time to re-evaluate whether you really need 100 presets. The Axe FX III has 4 channels per amp vs 2 for the Axe FX II and it has more slots and CPU for other effects. When I made the switch to the III, I went down to just 1 main patch with 4 different amp channels. I've taken a mindset of quality over quantity: I'd rather have a few tones that are well dialed in and balanced with each other than a huge library of less consistent tones.

This would be an opportune time to re-evaluate whether you really need 100 presets. The Axe FX III has 4 channels per amp vs 2 for the Axe FX II and it has more slots and CPU for other effects. When I made the switch to the III, I went down to just 1 main patch with 4 different amp channels. I've taken a mindset of quality over quantity: I'd rather have a few tones that are well dialed in and balanced with each other than a huge library of less consistent tones.
Did you read his post? He wants to combine every 5 presets into 5 scenes of 1 preset. That turns 100 into 20 ;)

Back
Top Bottom