Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you unsure about exactly? The modeling version selection feature was ultimately abandoned for reasons unrelated to this issue.

the situation, not the content. It started as lets make it selectable, then turned into a pile of poo. after a while with all the advancements it was moot.

the situation, not the content. It started as lets make it selectable, then turned into a pile of poo. after a while with all the advancements it was moot.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've never suggested it should be selectable. My position is that the old values should be left alone, as changing them automatically will unnecessarily change the sound of existing presets.

I'm in favor of NOT updating existing presets. LFR is an important parameter and if resetting / changing existing presets can be avoided, it's best to do that IMO.
I agree. This way we still have the options, which has always been a part of the AXE FX line, which is to be able to set parameters the way we want them, go with the additions and changes or stick with what our ears feel good about. And we can play with each amp we choose and decide whether we want to use the new feature.
Also I hear a lot of users complaining about change, saying their presets sound different or the feel has changed. There's no rule forcing a firmware update. But since my whole life has been wrapped up in technology, I always update to the latest firmware. It doesn't bother me, if I have to make a few adjustments to satisfy my ears.
And I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I sit in front of my AXE FX III setup and hate all my tones, despite no updates or changes. Ear fatigue?, sitting on an angle? or closer or further to the cabs/PA? Then I copy the presets and play with settings, sometimes liking them better or going right back to my original presets. We are provided with all the tools to create, copy, modify and enhance our presets, for any environment. The nice thing is we can choose to use or not use these tools.

Last edited:
How is it the same?
There were some who liked their old presets better, which were changed by the new firmware. So after much controversy Cliff made the older versions available. However, very shortly after, no one was using the old because the improvements weren't going to stop. This will result the same. it's just a different place in the firmware. Speaker/ power amp reaction instead of amp modelling. The time spent to hold on to the old will soon be flushed down the drain.

Sorry didn't read all 32 pages of this thread to see if this topic was discussed. First and foremost I'm really enjoying this update, the realism is off the charts.

Did anyone else experience any issues with their global blocks with this update? I had to repair my AMP1 and 2 global block after this update. Could have been a prior issue but noticed it when tweaking and evaluating this new feature.

Because quality is subjective. I agree that some of the new default impedance curves sound much better than the previous ones, but that's independent of my not wanting the Speaker settings for my current presets to change.

Quality of sound is very subjective but realism isn't.

A big plus for me here is that I learned about tweaking impedance curves. I can change the selection to get something that sounds good to me or I can get close then adjust low/high resonance. A win win!

I love this feature
But I have found a fault.
Using Recto2 Orange Vintage whilst scrolling through the suggested cabs I got a loud pop and the meters when red and stayed there, no sound .
Rebooted, all is fine and playback is fine on the settings I've made. Going to roll back until the full release .
Anybody else had this?

I love this feature
But I have found a fault.
Using Recto2 Orange Vintage whilst scrolling through the suggested cabs I got a loud pop and the meters when red and stayed there, no sound .
Rebooted, all is fine and playback is fine on the settings I've made. Going to roll back until the full release .
Anybody else had this?
Yes, I've had this happen and others have reported it. I think Cliff said it would be fixed in the next release.

Maybe someone who is adamant about keeping the old impedance curves around would be kind enough to create a list or file or spreadsheet of all of the Amps and their old original impedance curves for future reference, put it in the Wiki, and any time anyone wants to load up those old settings it’s as easy as looking it up. Selecting Null, and punching in the numbers. Why keep the old bloat around if we know it’s inferior and not real world to begin with? Makes no sense to have all sorts of extra data loaded into the FW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom