FX8 Update/Mk3?

I've posted wishes and suggestions here a few times. The last update to this unit was a full 2 years ago. I, among others, have been pleading with the guys at Fractal to just let us know when/if there are to be any more updates. I don't want to get into a long complaint but....this lack of info is shocking. The lack of updates (to a digital unit in a digital age) is simply not good enough. It's hard enough to earn $$ as a musician without feeling like you may have thrown $1k in a no longer supported bin. Answers please. Anything. It's still a good unit, but has been rapidly falling behind the competition in this area. I have reason for asking. I was thinking of re-designing my small gig board on which this sits to integrate some more pedals (I have two Chase Bliss in the loop at the moment). Is it worth it to include the Fractal, or will it be hopelessy outdated in the very near future? I really do think that we users deserve some guidance.....

Yep, it does still sound good....and still works. There are many wishes - 5.04 is buggy, multiband compression, transmit midi clock, delay hold for regen (like the timeline). Many more. Main thing is continued development of core sounds though. Many, but not all, of the sounds are great. We were promised continuing dev - I know that can't be 'forever', but three years?

Yep, it does still sound good....and still works. There are many wishes - 5.04 is buggy, multiband compression, transmit midi clock, delay hold for regen (like the timeline). Many more. Main thing is continued development of core sounds though. Many, but not all, of the sounds are great. We were promised continuing dev - I know that can't be 'forever', but three years?
It seems like the main guy porting the code left at some point unfortunately. They are attempting to unify the code between the III and FM3 and it will be more easily translated, but that doesn't help the FX8. I started on the FX8 and then went AX8, II XL+ and now am on the III. While I liked the FX8 the AX8 and subsequent units I've had have each offered better flexibility and use for me. I forget, what were the bugs?

It seems like the main guy porting the code left at some point unfortunately. They are attempting to unify the code between the III and FM3 and it will be more easily translated, but that doesn't help the FX8. I started on the FX8 and then went AX8, II XL+ and now am on the III. While I liked the FX8 the AX8 and subsequent units I've had have each offered better flexibility and use for me. I forget, what were the bugs?
Sorry, bugwise I meant the backup utility - only being able to back up one preset at a time. RE the porting, I do understand that your main guy left....does that mean that porting to the fx8 won't ever happen?

Back
Top Bottom