Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing like always leon!!!
Love your tutorials, now you could be doing the 5 minute ideal Vox/Morgan tone to make me super happy hahahaha :p

Exactly. Took me a while earlier today to fully get it.
@FractalAudio wasn’t the old default curve the same for all amps? If so, you should just literally have a curve called “Old Default” in addition to “null”. This would cover like 99% of all concerns... I personally messed with the curve some prior but that is because I sometimes use a real cab with an SS power amp and tune the curve to my cab. In that case, I know the values I dial.

@FractalAudio wasn’t the old default curve the same for all amps? If so, you should just literally have a curve called “Old Default” in addition to “null”. This would cover like 99% of all concerns... I personally messed with the curve some prior but that is because I sometimes use a real cab with an SS power amp and tune the curve to my cab. In that case, I know the values I dial.
Pretty sure the curves were different, at least the low resonance.

No.

Will a null setting and setting the low and high res back to what they were get you back to the old curve if you want?

Reactions: jon
That was a great video. Thanks for putting that together! This new feature is a huge improvement for the AXE FX III. I really like it!
Someone responded to the video saying I shouldn't have compared the difference between the "null" value and a selected speaker. I stand corrected and may have misrepresented the drastic change, although there is a difference still IMO. In order to see a change to fairly compare firmware 10 to 11 would be to adjust the speaker resonance from 100% to 0%. This would be better to see the difference in the old and new curves. Still, I like what they are doing and think it make a difference for sure.

This is a really great update!

Here's what could be the icing on this cake:
1) An option to automatically load the correct Impulse curve for the amp when an IR is selected. So, basically, each IR would also have the authentic impulse curve associated with it, which takes effect automatically within the amp block.
2) A solution so that customers and IR cab-pack makers could precisely and easily measure these Impulse curves of their own cabs while capturing IRs, and save them with the IR's they capture. Or at least save them in some way that the Axe FX can read/load.
A tiny new fractal measuring device people could buy, I assume?

Loving these updates.

I was wondering what the status was on having a single firmware for all devices? I remember Cliff mentioning it a while ago and there's (understandably) been several fw updates for the III since that announcement. Just simply curious on the progress on that. And if I don't get an answer, I'm still 110% satisfied with my II that I'm still discovering new things on (monthly).

Thanks FAS.

The Null curve simulates a purely resistive load. No real speaker exhibits this type of impedance curve. It's simply there for reference.
Copy the amp to another channel then switch between channels to compare.

I'm not going to include the old curves because they are a step backwards IMO.
I previously interpreted these posts to mean that the Null curve was an absence of captured data, and that the old curves were no longer accessible once you changed the value.
Will a null setting and setting the low and high res back to what they were get you back to the old curve if you want?
Yes.
I apologize, but I'm hopelessly confused now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom