FracTool - for power users only

Weird thing, FracTool on a dual screen (Mac Catalina) I went to resize FracTool and I can't move FracTool or see the right side where the 2nd screen starts.
I deleted and reinstalled, but defaults right back there.
The blue is the 2nd screen, I'm stuck in the Middle...
Thoughts?
Delete the settings, i don't know where macs store settings but it's there

I converted all my synth presets from the Axe FXII to Axe FXIII, and any preset that had the step sequencer arpeggiator in the pitch block didn't convert correctly. All of the step sequencer values converted to a value of 24, no matter what they had originally been.

I converted all my synth presets from the Axe FXII to Axe FXIII, and any preset that had the step sequencer arpeggiator in the pitch block didn't convert correctly. All of the step sequencer values converted to a value of 24, no matter what they had originally been.
I need an axefx2 preset to try to fix that ;)
I guess the conversion will never be 100%, and while it's a free tool there will always be unhappy people...

I need an axefx2 preset to try to fix that ;)
I guess the conversion will never be 100%, and while it's a free tool there will always be unhappy people...

Not unhappy at all. I love fractool. Just noticed a possible issue.
Any of the presets from Simeon's synth blocks that have "arp" in the title had issues with the arpeggiator values when converted.

http://simeonharris.co.uk/Blocks/blocks.html

Last edited:
I think I figured out what is going on with the pitch block arpeggiator.

FracTool shows the steps in this order: Step 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. When it converts the block it coverts step 1 like it should be, but it converts the values for step 10 as if it were step 2, step 11 as if it were step 3, (and so on) step 12 as step 4, step 13 as step 5, step 14 as step 6, step 15 as step 7, step 16 as step 8.

The conversion comes out as:
Step 1= 3
Step 2 = 24 (when it should have been 0)
Step 3 = 24 (when it should have been 3)
Step 4 = 24 (when it should have been 4)
Step 5 = 24 (when it should have been 5)
Step 6 = 24 (when it should have been 4)
Step 7 = 24 (when it should have been 0)
Step 8 = 24 (when it should have been 0)
etc.

Here is a screen shot of the pitch block arpeggiator section one of Simeon synth presets I converted.

I've already corrected the few presets I needed to by hand so I am good. I just thought this info might help you.

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 1.05.30 AM.png

I think I figured out what is going on with the pitch block arpeggiator.

FracTool shows the steps in this order: Step 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. When it converts the block it coverts step 1 like it should be, but it converts the values for step 10 as if it were step 2, step 11 as if it were step 3, (and so on) step 12 as step 4, step 13 as step 5, step 14 as step 6, step 15 as step 7, step 16 as step 8.

The conversion comes out as:
Step 1= 3
Step 2 = 24 (when it should have been 0)
Step 3 = 24 (when it should have been 3)
Step 4 = 24 (when it should have been 4)
Step 5 = 24 (when it should have been 5)
Step 6 = 24 (when it should have been 4)
Step 7 = 24 (when it should have been 0)
Step 8 = 24 (when it should have been 0)
etc.

Here is a screen shot of the pitch block arpeggiator section one of Simeon synth presets I converted.

I've already corrected the few presets I needed to by hand so I am good. I just thought this info might help you.

View attachment 59708
Good report :)
Unfortunately, i won't be able to fix it for next two weeks

converted these to axe fx III - they dont even sound close to the original tone

It's a shame, ask for a refund ^^

Now the reason you may have understood by yourself : these presets were probably made on an older axefx2 firmware.
Axefx3 evolved a lot since the firmware fork

Also : video published in 2016 ^^

Last edited:
Thanks!, so there is no way to work around those tones?

Also, these tones involve tone matching. That could also be the reason?

Back
Top Bottom