Marshall amp question

Always thought it was interesting that model sounded so different to the other Plexi models in the Axe. Whatever it's based off it sounds monstrous.
I was wrong. The Plexi 100W 1970 model is a non-MV "Plexi". Circuit is slightly different than the late 60's model (Plexi 100W).

The Master Volume Plexi is the "Plexi 2204".

So which model is a JMP/JCM800 2203?

Thats what I own now, so knowing where to start may prove handy.

So out of curiosity how would one go about accurately adding a Master volume to one of the Non Master Plexi's? I've seen several Plexi's with a Master added in place of the low input on Normal Channel. Including Peter Frampton. Just using the master on the models as they are doesn't seem to work right.

So out of curiosity how would one go about accurately adding a Master volume to one of the Non Master Plexi's? I've seen several Plexi's with a Master added in place of the low input on Normal Channel. Including Peter Frampton. Just using the master on the models as they are doesn't seem to work right.

Try setting the master volume location to "post-PI" or using a model like the Brit 800 with the tone stack swapped to a Plexi tone stack. Here's a quick preset that showcases a few options including implementing the saturation switch for the "Jose mod" on scene 4.

As a side note the Brit 70's 57/121 IR's in that preset sound great.

Attachments

• Plexxxis.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 28
Try setting the master volume location to "post-PI" or using a model like the Brit 800 with the tone stack swapped to a Plexi tone stack. Here's a quick preset that showcases a few options including implementing the saturation switch for the "Jose mod" on scene 4. As a side note the Brit 70's 57/121 IR's in that preset sound great.
Try setting the master volume location to "post-PI" or using a model like the Brit 800 with the tone stack swapped to a Plexi tone stack. Here's a quick preset that showcases a few options including implementing the saturation switch for the "Jose mod" on scene 4. As a side note the Brit 70's 57/121 IR's in that preset sound great.

Awesome! Thanks Leon!

Back
Top Bottom