Whammy out of tune

sebygerry2

Hello guys,

when I'm using the whammy (classic 2 octave up) it doesn't go all the way up, it stops a semitone or even less under the right tone.
However I see the control goes from 0 to 100% and I did calibrate the pedal, but the sound is clearly not 2 octave up it's out of tune.
I'm using EV-1 into an axe FX III

Any idea what could cause that ?

Thanks,

Seb

I’ve been having the same issue w the pitch shifter, using a midi cc to control it. In the modifier window, the value seems to register as going all the way to 100%. I’m going to try a few different things to make sure it’s not my midi controller (liquidfoot) not my expression pedal.

Joe

Same issue here, with either classic or advanced whammy, +1 octave. I've also calibrated the pedal (ev-2, or Boss EV-30), and confirmed that it appears to go from 0 to 100 as I rock the pedal. Happens whether connected to the FC6 or directly to the AxeFX III.

Everything is working a-okay here. Calibration issues on your end if it's not moving through the full range of CC values.

EV-1 --> FC-6 --> Axe-Fx III

Ok thanks, I'll check if the FC has that firmware, seems to be released just when I got mine delivered so it might be that. I'll let you know

I don't have an FC and I still have the issue with the Whammy 2 Oct up not reaching pitch. 1 Oct is fine. I am using an RJM Mastermind GT16 with a Mini Dunlop X. Everything is calibrated.

I’ll check with my GT22+RJM and Dunlop setup tonight but I expect it too will work correctly.

Even if 1 Oct up is reaching pitch fine?
Yep. Let’s say your pedal is only “reaching” 95% of the value that it would be if calibrated.

For a 1 octave shift (13 semitones including the original note), you only need to get to about 92% with the pedal to get to that last note.

For a 2 octave shift (25 semitones including the original note), you need to get to 96%.

Calibrate. ;)

Yep. Let’s say your pedal is only “reaching” 95% of the value that it would be if calibrated.

For a 1 octave shift (13 semitones including the original note), you only need to get to about 92% with the pedal to get to that last note.

For a 2 octave shift (25 semitones including the original note), you need to get to 96%.

Both of your examples would be about a semitone short of full range. The control parameter/modifier is continuous so you do need to reach 100% for a perfect octave or 2 octaves. A slightly reduced range would be easier to notice with 2-octave whammy though, since it would be twice as far off.

Both of your examples would be about a semitone short of full range. The control parameter/modifier is continuous so you do need to reach 100% for a perfect octave or 2 octaves. A slightly reduced range would be easier to notice with 2-octave whammy though, since it would be twice as far off.
Ah, you're right. I was thinking of the shift mode of the pitch block (stepped), not the whammy mode (continuous). In that case, I'm not sure why it's working in 1 octave mode and not 2 octave mode.

Tested this with my GT/22 and each of the three expression pedals (Mission EP1, Dunlop VP1 and Dunlop VP1) was able to change the full range of the pitch block's control parameter. No problems at all. Nothing but default settings on the modifier setup here either.

If there's a problem, it's most definitey not on the III side.

Back
Top Bottom