Recognition and respect to Cliff and his Morgan AC20

Rafa Diaz

Experienced
Right, let's make some noise for @FractalAudio and the amazing job he has done in that amp.

That is with difference my favorite amp on the Axe FX and with a couple of nice IRs from @York Audio (Gold and blue pack) sounds better than any Vox amp for my Queen Tribute band.

I am so in love with the tone of it that i sold one of my Vintage AC30 TBX (i still have 2 more) last week and bought a Morgan AC20 Deluxe combo. After playing around a little bit with it I need to say the achievement i spectacular, I've recorded my morgan and the Axe and I am unable to spot any difference at all or identify which track is which.

I will try to post something soon and see if you guys can identify them.

Cliff, all my love and respect, I really don't know how come you will improve it in future FW as so far is simply perfect!!

Thanks for your great effort and achievement!

Rafa

Right, let's make some noise for @FractalAudio and the amazing job he has done in that amp.

That is with difference my favorite amp on the Axe FX and with a couple of nice IRs from @York Audio (Gold and blue pack) sounds better than any Vox amp for my Queen Tribute band.

I am so in love with the tone of it that i sold one of my Vintage AC30 TBX (i still have 2 more) last week and bought a Morgan AC20 Deluxe combo. After playing around a little bit with it I need to say the achievement i spectacular, I've recorded my morgan and the Axe and I am unable to spot any difference at all or identify which track is which.

I will try to post something soon and see if you guys can identify them.

Cliff, all my love and respect, I really don't know how come you will improve it in future FW as so far is simply perfect!!

Thanks for your great effort and achievement!

Rafa
It would be great if you could post some examples.

Can't agree more, both in the Axe and and in the real amp!!!!
what's the IR stock cab you have the replicates the single cream speaker that comes now in the combo @FractalAudio ?
Cheers
Our reference amp is a head with matching 1x12 cab. I'm pretty sure some IRs of the cab are in the factory cabs. I don't remember what speaker is in that but I seem to recall it was a Celestion Blue.

The DC30 is a great model too ..... I've never had (or even seen) a real Matchless DC30 and only had a brief couple of hours with a Vox AC30 TB many years back so can't base any firm first-hand opinion on a comparison, but to my ears the Matchless sounds more Vox like than the Vox. But I'm guessing that was the Matchless aim all along ..... a better built more reliable Class-A amp?

The DC30 is a great model too ..... I've never had (or even seen) a real Matchless DC30 and only had a brief couple of hours with a Vox AC30 TB many years back so can't base any firm first-hand opinion on a comparison, but to my ears the Matchless sounds more Vox like than the Vox. But I'm guessing that was the Matchless aim all along ..... a better built more reliable Class-A amp?
Gigged a DC30 for several years - I really wish the Fractal had the EF86 channel - and the jump option. Nothing better than the older DC30s with jumped channels!
We had a shoot out a few years ago - Morgan, vintage Vox, and DC30. They were all amazing, but the DC30 won in a non-scientific test.

I'm pretty sure some IRs of the cab are in the factory cabs. I don't remember what speaker is in that but I seem to recall it was a Celestion Blue.

Perhaps in the Legacy Bank
1141x12Class-A 20 Dlx Mix
1191x12AC-20 Dlx Mix
1351x12AC-20 Dlx M160

Gigged a DC30 for several years - I really wish the Fractal had the EF86 channel - and the jump option. Nothing better than the older DC30s with jumped channels!
We had a shoot out a few years ago - Morgan, vintage Vox, and DC30. They were all amazing, but the DC30 won in a non-scientific test.

The AC20 is an amazing amp.

I've long lusted after the EF-86 channel of the DC-30 for the Axe, and a jumped model too. Would absolutely make my day- so much of the Matchless crushed up chime thing is the EF-86 flavor.

Our reference amp is a head with matching 1x12 cab. I'm pretty sure some IRs of the cab are in the factory cabs. I don't remember what speaker is in that but I seem to recall it was a Celestion Blue.
It sounds good through the RedWirez Weber Blue Dog IR that I ported in from my IR player in Logic.

Yes, I like some of the IRs in the free far field session 2 pack a lot! In general I’ve gone to all far field IRs with a little near field mixed in. Really tamed the over exaggerated low end and harsh high end that you get with so many near field IRs.

Back
Top Bottom