Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 10.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's seems there is always a little bug on the new drive ruckus led/si here.
from the front panel, its basic page is a copy of its advanced page and not the page with basics parameters.

Improved Drive block. New diode modeling algorithm improves clipping accuracy especially for diodes with higher saturation currents, i.e. 1N270 and other germanium types.

The improvements to the modeling of drives (in v3.02 and now again in v10.x) are not to be underestimated.
It has become SO much easier to dial in great and authentic sounding "pedals".

An updated edition of the Guide to the Drive Models will be published shortly.

I much prefer this new Wrecker Express Bright to the regular Wrecker Express model. Maybe it's just placebo on my end, but I think it's a huge improvement!

The manual for the original amp describes it (the Bright switch position on which this particular model is based) as “jangly highs”. I like it too.

I much prefer this new Wrecker Express Bright to the regular Wrecker Express model. Maybe it's just placebo on my end, but I think it's a huge improvement!
Yeah, this is definitely a welcome addition. I’ve always been a fan of of both the Wreck Express & the FAS Wreck and this one I think I may even like better, but I haven’t even been able to really compare the three cause it sounded so good I just wanted to play it, so that that ought to tell ya how good it is..(imo anyway).

The only difference is the Bright Cap. An Express (at least mine) has a three-position switch: Off, 100 pF, 500 pF. The amp block only supports Off and On and I figured people wouldn't know the fine details so a separate model seemed the easiest solution. Of course you can vary the Bright Cap but you'd have to know that the real amp has two caps, etc.

The only difference is the Bright Cap. An Express (at least mine) has a three-position switch: Off, 100 pF, 500 pF. The amp block only supports Off and On and I figured people wouldn't know the fine details so a separate model seemed the easiest solution. Of course you can vary the Bright Cap but you'd have to know that the real amp has two caps, etc.
Cool information to know. And that’s a powerful parameter to have available, that Bright Cap can really open up or tame an amp.

It's a modal window that sits on top of Axe-Edit III. It auto-pauses and auto-resumes Axe-Edit polling in the background. So: yes?
I need to remember it's there next FW update - probably tomorrow when I install 10.01 (assuming 10.02 doesn't drop before then ;)).

I wonder if the built-in version still uses the standalone FractalBot bits or not... I may uninstall it and test :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom