Classes The Complete Axe-Fx III Master Class with Cooper Carter - v3.0 AVAILABLE NOW!

Classes for rent or purchase related to Fractal Audio equipment.
@ccroyalsenders I've had my AF3 for about 2 months. The section on Scenes and Channels is exactly what I needed. Also, the point about putting effects between the amp and cab blocks or after the cab block results in the same tone, was something I was unclear on. It seems putting effects before or after the Amp block is all that really matters. Very cool, man. Good work.

One tiny OCD observation: I think your PlexDelay and Wah videos are out of order. Before the Wah video, you say, let's take a look at the PlexDelay, but that video is actually 2 videos ahead. The Wah video is in-between the two.

Great class man, and superb production. I really appreciate your efforts and am glad I bought the class!

@ccroyalsenders One tiny OCD observation: I think your PlexDelay and Wah videos are out of order. Before the Wah video, you say, let's take a look at the PlexDelay, but that video is actually 2 videos ahead. The Wah video is in-between the two.

Great class man, and superb production. I really appreciate your efforts and am glad I bought the class!

Ha! Nice catch. Indeed. I'll flip 'em.

@ccroyalsenders I just finished the Eob section. Just that alone is worth the $. The EoB preset you created covers so much tonal
Ground and is gig ready as is. More importantly, those sections gave me the knowledge and confidence to sculpt my own EoB tone and then have the ability to make adjustments at the gig. I never really had the guts to do that during a gig until now. Great stuff man.

@ccroyalsenders I just finished the Eob section. Just that alone is worth the $. The EoB preset you created covers so much tonal
Ground and is gig ready as is. More importantly, those sections gave me the knowledge and confidence to sculpt my own EoB tone and then have the ability to make adjustments at the gig. I never really had the guts to do that during a gig until now. Great stuff man.

I love this!! So glad it's been helpful! Wish more people could see how easily you can get amazing edge of breakup out of the Axe-Fx. It's really quite simple.

Since you mention it Coop, I get Edge of break tones straight from the volume of my guitar already using Mesas and what not
Is an EoB tone something more akin to like a light blues based gain/overdrive?
I never heard of EoB until my axe 3

Worse thing for me - having watched the v2.

I’ve gone from happy with global layout on a FC6. To loving per preset and ordering a FC12!

Er thanks! 👊

Well, you're now in an excellent club. The 12+6 combo is a seriously powerful setup.

Try your presets or scenes on the six and your IAs on the 12.
OR, how about your standard layouts on the 12 and the looper controls always on the 6? That's why I've got Neal Schon doing and he loves it!

And keep in mind, layout recall reference settings linked to switches can change the layout on ALL FCs connected at once!

So, as someone currently using a II XL and having designs on purchasing a III in the next year or so, will this cover enough ground to be useful with my current rig? Or should I just hold off til I get the III?

So, as someone currently using a II XL and having designs on purchasing a III in the next year or so, will this cover enough ground to be useful with my current rig? Or should I just hold off til I get the III?

I'm confident many if not most of the methods displayed here will serve you well on your XL (especially if you're using Axe-Edit) and you'll be an expert, ready to dive into the III when you get it.

FWIW Cooper has a class on the Axe XL right here. It's 26 bucks. When I took this class he went thru making presets and one of his presets (I call it Cooper Clean) became my goto for half of my music set. Well worth the money and you may not want to get rid of your XL. Honestly I have the Ultra, XL and the III and each one of them do something the others ones either can't or don't.

FWIW Cooper has a class on the Axe XL right here. It's 26 bucks. When I took this class he went thru making presets and one of his presets (I call it Cooper Clean) became my goto for half of my music set. Well worth the money and you may not want to get rid of your XL. Honestly I have the Ultra, XL and the III and each one of them do something the others ones either can't or don't.

I don't have any plans to get rid of it when I pick up the III. Once that happens, I'll move the XL to our rehearsal space and keep the III in the studio at home. I have guitars and an FRFR cab at each place, so right now it's just moving the XL back and forth on rehearsal nights.

Reactions: mwd
Well, you're now in an excellent club. The 12+6 combo is a seriously powerful setup.

Try your presets or scenes on the six and your IAs on the 12.
OR, how about your standard layouts on the 12 and the looper controls always on the 6? That's why I've got Neal Schon doing and he loves it!

And keep in mind, layout recall reference settings linked to switches can change the layout on ALL FCs connected at once!

You're a bad man! I hadn't thought of the looper that way!

Back
Top Bottom