Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 2.00 Firmware Release

Okay thanx 😂👍... I jumped right out of my chair

Im tired and looking for help but its just not here....
perhaps its best not to upgrade at all.....

having no luck on tone matching either and dont think it even matters at this point..
wanted to complete something but its not going to happen...

Hi, let's see if i can help. I've read your initial post and just want to confirm the info:
Please, write your current Axe fx2 firmware version, and if you had any problems with your computer (Mac, timeout message trying to use Axe edit, old computer...).
Thanks.

Im tired and looking for help but its just not here....
perhaps its best not to upgrade at all.....

having no luck on tone matching either and dont think it even matters at this point..
wanted to complete something but its not going to happen...

I'd say, make a clean new start: go to ww.fractalaudio.com and download the latest Fractal Audio Systems USB Driver Package. Axe Edit (Gen 2) 3.14.5 and Fractal-Bot 3.00.02 for Windows or Mac whatever you're using. Before you install all those you have do deinstall the FAS USB Driver, Axe Edit and Fractal-Bot.

Then you install first the USB Driver, Axe Edit and Fractal-Bot. Fractal-Bot usually tells you then there is a new firmware update which you can click to download and install it with Fractal-Bot. If not you can download the latest firmware from the first post of this thread.

I hope this helps.

Well what ever suits youbest is fine. I have no idea about tone matching amp nor cab. In fact I personally don't like tone matched prsets. I tried a few and it's not my liking.

I'm very happy with my Axe FX II MK I and love ARES 2.0.

Ares 2.0 is amazing but for me the missing feature is the ”Output EQ”, this is really important to get a good tone in my Axe FX III. It would be a great surprise to see it if possible please.

Thanks Cliff for all of your support!

Well I wish you success man and enjoy the Axe FX II. :cool:

I think I have a way figured to do what I need. just have to make sure input 2 is full up out front of axe ii
then levels are not clipping the front of that 11 oclock on the suhr iso should be plenty hot to drive a good signal in
for a strong sample of each head itself. Cliff mentions getting the first live example direct to capture the more excited frequencies.
for a full range. This has to be the way to do both. Getting the cabs and speakers I want along with head itself direct...
he mentions gain structure on final Tone Match and that dials it in This will work and the final Tone Matching will be the difference of the transformer and the tubes and combined with existing amp im modeling too thats exactly what im after... I already know my existing file is there but a good Tone Match and Final Match of gain should get the sound closer..... something like bright switch might need to be on or a filter adjusted
I think the difference im not hearing IS the correct tube config and transformer combination with cab and speakers.
So the right capture of cab and speakers should get me closer.. Im already thinking ill get closer and really nail this.....

Talk is cheap though and this needs to be done correctly...

Last edited:
Of course any new addition to the Axe FX II and/or AX8 family is more than welcome but I think we shouldn't forget that these are EOL devices and we can't expect anything from FAS at this point. even Ares 2.00 was a huge surprise on my part. I would love to see JP amps or any new development from the III on my II and ax8 as much as all of you guys but if it won't happen, I am already more than happy with it. I mean let's not push our lucks here and be happy with what we have :)

Ares 2.0 is amazing but for me the missing feature is the ”Output EQ”, this is really important to get a good tone in my Axe FX III. It would be a great surprise to see it if possible please.

THIS!!!! On the axe3 this is HUGE!!! Probably one of my favorite things on the 3!

I'd LOVE if we could just get that gain enhancer, if nothing else, it is a complete game changer!!

Of course the 2 is EOL so I'm not expecting anything, but man, this would be the coolest thing ever for 2 users!

THIS!!!! On the axe3 this is HUGE!!! Probably one of my favorite things on the 3!

I'd LOVE if we could just get that gain enhancer, if nothing else, it is a complete game changer!!

Of course the 2 is EOL so I'm not expecting anything, but man, this would be the coolest thing ever for 2 users!

+1000 :cool:

Of course any new addition to the Axe FX II and/or AX8 family is more than welcome but I think we shouldn't forget that these are EOL devices and we can't expect anything from FAS at this point. even Ares 2.00 was a huge surprise on my part. I would love to see JP amps or any new development from the III on my II and ax8 as much as all of you guys but if it won't happen, I am already more than happy with it. I mean let's not push our lucks here and be happy with what we have :)

Yes. I was gobsmacked when Cliff released Aeres 2.0 for the II series and I'm excited beyond all reason that he's working on another update for the AX8. Both products have been emphatically placed in the EOL category. These updates are extraordinary gifts!

Maybe you meant input eq? Output eq has always been on the axe fx ii (the geq in the amp block).
Anyway both can be made with external eq blocks placed before or after the amp.

Maybe you meant input eq? Output eq has always been on the axe fx ii (the geq in the amp block).
Anyway both can be made with external eq blocks placed before or after the amp.

I have 2 eq before the amps blocks (Fortin 33 EQ) and 2 after the cabinets, I can't use 2 after the amp block. With Axe FX III I can because I use “Output EQ”.

Using an eq after the amp is essential for any of my presets.

Output EQ is not Output Compressor... ;)

Reactions: jon
I have 2 eq before the amps blocks (Fortin 33 EQ) and 2 after the cabinets, I can't use 2 after the amp block. With Axe FX III I can because I use “Output EQ”.

Using an eq after the amp is essential for any of my presets.
The Amp block in the Axe Fx II has as output EQ as was mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom