FREE Black Shadow MC-90 IR

Love the midrange in this, a little dark for my taste but it blends well with the checkerboard Marshall so it's a nonissue for me! Thank you

Hey everyone,
So my dad just gave me his early Mesa Lonestar Special 1x12 loaded with a UK Celestion Mesa Black Shadow MC-90 speaker. I've never played one of those speakers before, so I thought I'd give it a "shot"... Ba-dum-pssh (sorry, terrible IR producer/dad joke) Anyway, I shot a single 57 and wanted to do one of those clips where I play the mic'ed up cab vs the Axe and an IR. To keep things as fair as possible, all amp settings are at default and there is no post EQ or anything. Just a limiter to make the clip a little louder. If I was dialing in a tone with this amp, I'd cut some bass and add a little top end, but I wanted to keep things as neutral as possible. I have to say, it's pretty darn close. So if you've been wanting a little Black Shadow IR love, here ya go.

Here's the clip, and you can grab the IR below. Enjoy!
PS. The IR will work with the Axe-Fx III, II, and AX8

Very nice sound man thank you for sharing that!!!
Most Awesome:)

Like this IR a lot! Fat, and with a unique character. Thank you! I think I’ll have to pick up your Fender set now.

Love the midrange in this, a little dark for my taste but it blends well with the checkerboard Marshall so it's a nonissue for me! Thank you

Yeah, the midrange is really special with that speaker, and the cab/speaker combo kicks out a ton of low end. Even on the real amp I found myself cutting the bass and adding some top end. I never thought about blending it with the Checkmate pack, but I’ll have to try that out! Thanks for the tip!

Very nice sound man thank you for sharing that!!!
Most Awesome:)

You’re very welcome. I hope you’re having fun with it.

Like this IR a lot! Fat, and with a unique character. Thank you! I think I’ll have to pick up your Fender set now.

I’m glad you’re enjoying this IR. And thanks for picking up the Fender pack! It really means a lot to me, and I know you’ll dig it too. I use that 90% of the time when I’m working on music here in my studio. Thanks for the kind words and support.

I finally downloaded this IR and tried it with my Lonestar preset. This IR sounds great! I’ll be using it a lot.
I’m so glad you’re enjoying it. I love how that IR sounds especially on edge of breakup tones.
Found it thanks to the zombie thread.
Can't wait to try it out! Thanks @York Audio!
You’re very welcome. I’ve got some more free goodies coming. I may post them today if I have time.

Hey everyone,
So my dad just gave me his early Mesa Lonestar Special 1x12 loaded with a UK Celestion Mesa Black Shadow MC-90 speaker. I've never played one of those speakers before, so I thought I'd give it a "shot"... Ba-dum-pssh (sorry, terrible IR producer/dad joke) Anyway, I shot a single 57 and wanted to do one of those clips where I play the mic'ed up cab vs the Axe and an IR. To keep things as fair as possible, all amp settings are at default and there is no post EQ or anything. Just a limiter to make the clip a little louder. If I was dialing in a tone with this amp, I'd cut some bass and add a little top end, but I wanted to keep things as neutral as possible. I have to say, it's pretty darn close. So if you've been wanting a little Black Shadow IR love, here ya go.

Here's the clip, and you can grab the IR below. Enjoy!
PS. The IR will work with the Axe-Fx III, II, and AX8

Wow! Thanks for sharing.

This is exactly what I need to replicate my Mark V combo. There are infinite variations of 4x12 Mesa but I loved my combo with Black Shadow.

Thanks!

missed this one before - thanks 2 yrs later!

my little story with MC90 is that my Mesa ported 112s came loaded with them. Though I'd had the option to buy them loaded with V30s, I was convinced the C90s would be fine so I took those and avoided a long preorder for the V30 option, then I proceded to dislike the cabs for almost 10 years. Could not get a sound I liked using a few different amp sources - always too much low/mid and a nasty "ring" in the high (maybe due to port / big coil - dunno - no biggie as I normally play at home via frfr). I changed out the C90s for V30s last year and immediately those cabs sound great to my ear: more balanced and no "ring". FF to a couple of months ago, I bought a diy prefab 212 open back cab to house the C90s that were sitting in the V30 cardboard boxes - had low expectations but floored by the great sound of the 212 w MC90s - nice! balanced, and no "ring"! Great speaker in the right enclosure - anxious to try the ir in comparison.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom