Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 9.01

@FractalAudio noticed that the volume change when adjusting Transformer Match (and the other 2 parameters) isn't as drastic. I like this change as it is easier to audition/hear the changes in the three parameters.

Is this due to an instability fix or a different normalization scheme (or both)?

The Gain Enhancer seems like the Feedback type but with a volume leveling added to it.. they both definitely add some gain which is different from the regular output type. I dig it. Great for lower volume playing and coaxing a bit more sustain & getting that feedback loop started a tad earlier.

Haven’t been able to download FW 9.01 yet. Trying to work on things in this darn Rv we are living in is a pain.
As I read about it is making me want to unpack the Rv hold to do an update.

This is probably a dumb question but is there a site with all the FW updates for downloading?
I haven’t been able to save all the FW updates and am just curious...

Thanks for any help :)

Haven’t been able to download FW 9.01 yet. Trying to work on things in this darn Rv we are living in is a pain.
As I read about it is making me want to unpack the Rv hold to do an update.

This is probably a dumb question but is there a site with all the FW updates for downloading?
I haven’t been able to save all the FW updates and am just curious...

Thanks for any help :)
the latest one has all the things in the previous ones.

the latest one has all the things in the previous ones.
Thanks Crise
Ok very cool. I was just checking if the older updates were still out there encase I should ever want to go backwards for what ever reason.
Because of still living in an Rv I have not been able to download every update and didn’t know if I mite need them for what ever reason.
So far I haven’t seen the need. :D

Thanks Crise
Ok very cool. I was just checking if the older updates were still out there encase I should ever want to go backwards for what ever reason.
Because of still living in an Rv I have not been able to download every update and didn’t know if I mite need them for what ever reason.
So far I haven’t seen the need. :D
You can always find this link in algrenadine's sig, as it is his! http://archive.axefx.fr/

Just spent some time playing with it. An awesome way to demo this is to assign an expression pedal to it so you can sweep through the entire range while you're playing. Helps to nail down the sweet spot.

This is a really awesome enhancement. I highly recommend everyone check out the factory preset "Jeff Gets Ready" which I think was #362? Anyway, assign the "Out Compression" control to an expression pedal and leave the range from 0 to 10. You can really hear/feel what it's doing. You can use a little or a lot and it really does add some of that live sound feel to it. Just minus the feedback. Nice way of getting some extra gain without adding noise too. Seems pretty quiet.

Back
Top Bottom