Post Axe-Fx III Launch ... Amp Model Requests

wouldn’t duplicate the Boogie’s preamp, but would trump the tone.

Which is why we don't see a Studio Preamp model, or an ADA MP-1 model. There is so much blatant plagiarism between amp manufacturers over the decades... and then multiple variations on the same core circuit design from that point forward.

"Dude X want's a model of Preamp X", but Dude X doesn't understand that Preamp X is a 3rd generation half-breed of the approximation of the studio recorded tone of an amp built 10 years prior...an amp which there is an available MODEL of (the recorded original), two pages over in the Amp block.

That aside, the approximation results are themselves their own separate historical masterpieces. "You don't need a Triaxis, you have a Blackface Fender and a Mark IV and Mark IIC+." :confused: They are no where near the same circuit, as has been specified before. Which is why, someday in the future, we can still hope to see an ADA MP-1 or a Studio Preamp model. :cool:

https://ask.audio/articles/nirvana-s-gear-in-the-nevermind-era

cp_768_boss_ds-1_grungey.jpg

nevermind_20th_anniversary_by_wedopix-d3rcfz0.jpg

Last edited:
I use a Soldano Decatone for both a classic rock band and a metal band. I would like to see that amp in the list. Would be willing to bring mine to someone that does this if one is not available for profiling.

Please add:
  • Ampeg Portaflex
  • Aguilar DB 751
  • Acoustic 360
  • Burman Pro 4000 (more info here: Help: Trying to bild a Burman Pro 4000 Amp in the Axe FX 2)
  • Eden World Tour 800
  • Gallien Krueger 800RB
  • Gibson Thor (tube version)
  • Hartke Model 1400
  • Marshall Major
  • Marshall Town & Country
  • Polytone Model 101 or Mini Brute
  • Rickenbacker Transonic
  • Sunn Model T
  • Sunn 2000s
  • SWR Super Redhead
  • SWR Bass 750
  • Thunderfunk TFB800-B2
  • Trace Elliot V8
  • Traynor YBA-3A
  • Vox Royal Guardsman
  • WEM PA-1000
These would make bass players really happy as well as certain guitar players and bury the competition.

Most if not all have a good schematic floating around the interwebs too.
spoken like a true 4-string-mf (cliff-em-all)

mind you, I'm 51% 6 stringer and 49% bass player, but my guitar amp needs are so met with current lineup and anything else guitar-amp wise would be icing.

some more direct models of fx like a binson echorec or spaceecho wouldn't be lost on me.

ultimately I would like to 2nd, 3rd, 4th everything on dr bonkers list but standouts for me:
  • Aguilar DB 751
  • Acoustic 360
  • Sunn Model T
  • Sunn 2000s
  • SWR Super Redhead
  • SWR Bass 750

Hi team… i would like an Koch Amps The Greg Koch Signature Guitar Combo Amplifier in the axe 3. I think we need classic rock amp for gibson les paul use :) good bass a versatile preset.

I vote any amp
It would be cool to just see a firmware update w a couple of amps ,I love the new modelling improvements but I sometimes miss the simple couple of new amps update

Would love to see the Ampeg V-4 (or VT-22) amp modelled, as this was one of the most popular guitar amps in the early 70's...also, I believe the Dumble ODS used the Power Amp from this. It was an excellent amp for me, when I was playing full-time in 73-74!

Hi team… i would like an Koch Amps The Greg Koch Signature Guitar Combo Amplifier in the axe 3. I think we need classic rock amp for gibson les paul use :) good bass a versatile preset.
^^^ this, so I can stop wanting one, which actually I don't really. But it sounds great! But he could play through a wet sandwich and sound awesome so

I'm coming from a cranked 2203 for 5 years, so I'm all for big bottle options:

Sunn model T
Verellen Meatsmoke
Orange Thunderverb
Peavey Roadmaster (I think that's the 6x 6L6 one)

Basically more big bottle options for those of us who want to get their post-hardcore and doom on with more than the JMP/Hiwatt/Orange options.

Back
Top Bottom