Wish FREQOUT pedal

I usually have the Freqout pedal set to Momentary so I can hold down when I want feedback on a particular held note. It makes me wonder if I can throw it in a rack and set up a latching switch on my FC-6 to accomplish this. Is anyone doing anything similar?
I have set to momentary and in the signal chain right before my guitar feeds the fractal. Works well there for me. Although make sure you don't have it set to "dry kill" in this setup. I had that switch flipped at a gig accidentally and it took me forever to figure out that was the problem as there was no sound coming into the Axe.

Also, I bought @Moke preset for Rebel Yell. The feedback sim in that works great also. I would probably get by with that but needed some CPU headroom. So opted for the Freq.

+1 - I'm using the feedback functionality from @Moke's "Rebel Yell" preset also. I tie it to a momentary switch on the FC6. Works as well as the FreqOut for me without needing an extra pedal. You could adjust the feedback pitch shift to taste.

I haven't tried this preset. Does it use a lot of CPU?

Thanks

The @Moke preset uses 53% cpu. So not much at all. However, what I did was copy over the blocks that provided feedback simulation into an existing preset of mine that was already high cpu. And for a few things I was doing I ran out and didn't have time to redo it all.

I read somewhere (can't remember where...) that the Freqout pedal is not working very well in the effectsloop of an amp... does it work well in the loop with the AxeFX3? Seriously considering to get this pedal...

Although the @Moke Rebel Yell preset is maybe worth trying - but isn't the filter there 'bound' to a specific chord/frequency so if you want feedback on let's say a G or F chord/tone you it will not work good anymore?

Although the @Moke Rebel Yell preset is maybe worth trying - but isn't the filter there 'bound' to a specific chord/frequency so if you want feedback on let's say a G or F chord/tone you it will not work good anymore?

It is not bound to a specific frequency. It's a pitch block that tracks what you play. The pitch block that shifts the feedback up an octave and a fifth from the pitch it detects. And you can adjust the interval in the pitch block.

Freqout pedal be placed in a first instance of signal trains in order to make it work properly,neither in the Fx loop nor an end of signal flows in pedalboard.

It is not bound to a specific frequency. It's a pitch block that tracks what you play. The pitch block that shifts the feedback up an octave and a fifth from the pitch it detects. And you can adjust the interval in the pitch block.
That’s smart, did not realize that, saw in the Rebel Yell vid that only the filter block went from OFF to ON, so figured that all the magic happened there...

Freqout pedal be placed in a first instance of signal trains in order to make it work properly,neither in the Fx loop nor an end of signal flows in pedalboard.
Would it also work placing in BEFORE going in Afx3 input....? Because for live purposes, I would have to create a loop (and 2 very long cables) just for this pedal connected to the Afx...

Headrush put this FX in their last FW update, so, I'm not sure about what patent issues may surround Digitechs ownership. With Samsung having bought Harmon Industries, maybe they don't care. Digitech is dissolving, the lead engineering got released and started his own pedal company. Tom Van Kramm is his name. He's on TGP all the time.

Headrush put this FX in their last FW update, so, I'm not sure about what patent issues may surround Digitechs ownership. With Samsung having bought Harmon Industries, maybe they don't care. Digitech is dissolving, the lead engineering got released and started his own pedal company. Tom Van Kramm is his name. He's on TGP all the time.

Line6 actually has the enginners that did the pitch stuff
The drop the ricochet whammy freqout. They hired them before Digitech collapsed

Just bought the @Moke Rebel Yell preset with the emulation, it's quite good after some little tweaking in volumes and delay time! Recommended...

PS: and it triggered me to learn Rebel Yell (tricky intro), let's see if the guys and girls of the band wanna play it ;-)

Of course if we do get one suddenly we all will have near worthless hardware pedals since like 50 people would all go listing them for sale on the same day.....

Back
Top Bottom