Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 9.00 Public Beta

Sounds great but I couldn't tell you if it sounds different than 8.0. Oddly enough I waited to install 8.0 until two days ago!

## Release Notes

Fixed Amp block “Hi-Cut” calculation for amps without negative feedback. This affects the following models:

• All AC-20 models
  • All Class-A 15W and 30W models
  • Citrus Terrier
  • Boutique 1 and 2
  • FAS Class A
  • Hot Kitty
  • Matchbox D-30
  • Mr. Z MZ-8 and MZ-38
  • Ruby Rocket and Ruby Rocket Bright Supremo Trem
  • Wrecker Rocket

Fixed incorrect default P.A. Cathode Resistance value for Citrus Terrier model (correct value is 96%) and Class-A 15W model (correct value is 83%).

Is there this problem in the Axe FX 2, too?

I'm hearing a lot of differences on my AC-20 patches, for sure. The amount of breakup at a given gain setting feels like it's lower than it was before, which is coincidentally making it easier than ever to dial in shades of "dirty clean" and more straight-ahead crunch sounds. These sorts of Vox-inspired amps are some of my favorite models in the Axe-FX, so I think I'm feeling the effects of this firmware update a lot.

What'd you come from?
Tube amps and Helix Floor. I sold off my JVM 410 head, and Friedman Runt 50 head to fund the Axe FX III and FC6. I kept my Mesa TC100, Mark V:25, a couple 212s and a 112. All the 412s went years ago. Given how well the Axe fits my use cases these days, I’d be shocked if I ever bought another amp. may even sell the V:25 too, and move on to selling most of me pedals. I’m fully embracing digital.

Back
Top Bottom