Fractal-Bot 3.00.02

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
Fractal-Bot 3.00.02 is now available on the website and auto-update.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/fractal-bot.php

For Win32 users:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/fractal-bot/Fractal-Bot-Win32-v3p00p02.exe
IMPORTANT: If you get the error “MSVCP140.dll is missing” please install the MS Visual C++ Redistributable Update.

MacOS users please note: If updating from 2.11.1 or earlier, please update directly from the Fractal Audio website. The auto-update functionality was changed in 3.0.0 to use the now standard installable .dmg file format. Previous editor versions assumed the .pkg format and will show an error message upon attempting to auto-update.

Release Notes:

Corrected the handling of the Display Offset within the device's Backup panel. Fractal-Bot only queries the device's display offset during initial connection. If changing a device's display offset while Fractal-Bot is running, please reselect the device from the dropdown to reconnect.

Clicking on the Fractal-Bot version number now displays the release notes.

Fractal-Bot 3.00.02 is now available on the website and auto-update.

Release Notes:

Corrected the handling of the Display Offset within the device's Backup panel. Fractal-Bot only queries the device's display offset during initial connection. If changing a device's display offset while Fractal-Bot is running, please reselect the device from the dropdown to reconnect.

Clicking on the Fractal-Bot version number now displays the release notes.

Thanks, man! You did it again; this was resolved very quickly!

Using Fractal-Bot 3.00.02 to backup an AxeFX-II Original running Ares 2.0 is failing consistently.

Each attempt to backup a Bank results in 3 attempts by Fractal-Bot then "Message Timeout: Bank A" or whichever bank I'm trying to backup.

Fractal-Bot Bug.jpg

I've always wondered why FractalBot didn't do this for us? Filling the edit buffer with an empty preset then requesting the backup...
Because that would ruin “the secret trick” of advanced users? It’s not something to be given, you must earn it! 😂😂😂
It took 3 years for me to discover that trick...

Edit: Of course that was a joke. May be a reason like have to deal with previously user edit data or anything... but would be nice if at least Fractal Bot advises to user to select an empty preset before start the backup.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure things already go bad today if you try to back up while having an edit buffer not saved
I never tried it... :D

But seriously, what if I want to backup my currently unsaved preset without saving it? I wonder what FractalBot does? Maybe I will try to test it for the curiosity factor.

Troubleshooting update: tried downgrading to Ares 1.03 but same timeout bug with FractalBot 3.0.2.

Tried downgrading to FractalBot 2.8.3 but it calls the Ares 1.03 firmware Quantum 11.03.

Would like to try FractalBot 2.11 but don't have access to a copy of it. Is it available anywhere on the website?

Switched over to my Windows 10 PC and FractalBot 3.0.2 backups work perfectly with Ares 2.0 firmware.

Thanks very much for that link, Rex. I'll give it a shot since I'd much prefer to stay on MacOS for all of my music related work.

Ok so I've worked my way back through FractalBot 3.0.1, 3.0.0, and 2.11.1 and they all have the timeout bug on MacOS 10.11.6

Back
Top Bottom