Route PC audio through a chain?

Doctor Wu

Inspired
Is this possible? I have a stand alone software drum machine on my windows 7 PC, I'd like to route it's (The PC's output) through a chain so I can add some effects to it, ATM I comes out of OUT 1, but dry of course. I've tried adding a USB input block at the beginning of a chain but get no signal through it at all

You have to configure your drum software to output on outputs 7 and 8 which will feed the usb block I believe.

Wouldn't this be a lot simpler if we could just select the USB channels we want the USB input block to use? Why does it default to 7 and 8 anyway?

So just to be clear, there's no way to route the PC USB OUT 1/2 into the chain?
Not as far as I know. Humor me just for a moment though......can you just bring up the audio tab of Hydrogen, and see if you see the FAS driver as a choice in one of the drop down menus? If you find it and select it, chances are you will then see where you can select 7 and 8. Trust me, once you find it, it will be painless.

Yes I did that when you originally suggested it, thanks, but AFAICS it's not there. To be fair, I think it's a long abandoned piece of freeware so I can't expect too much, but I find it perfect for my needs. I don't really want the complexity of a DAW just for my drums so I'll see if I can find a similar stand alone option with the appropriate USB configuration options.

If anyone knows of such a thing.... :)

Is this what your config screen looks like in Hydrogen?

If so, what all is listed in the drop down where it says JACK?

Another option would be to look at Steven Slate Drums......I noticed they offer a non-expiring one-kit demo of SSD5 for free.

Damn.......the only thing I have left is that I know for sure that Superior Drummer 3 comes with a stand alone version that works with the Axe III perfectly.......but it aint free. I already had easydrummer 2 so I did the upgrade to SD3 and its great, but still not cheap. Not sure if there are any stand alone free drum programs.

Back
Top Bottom