Adam Jones Tool "The Pot"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ngpc12ubowxy9t1/TOOL ADAM JONES.syx?dl=0
The rotary is tied to Pedal 1 with auto engage on.. and it’s on scene 7.. I used the Dirty Shirley for it, I also did another version on scene 8 using the Diesel Blue channel 2.
I think maybe I’d like to get the panning more accurate, see what ya think..

Sounds awesome mate. I didn't hear any rotary or chorus on the record, however I think there might be after playing your tone. These have pretty much nailed Adam's sound. Thanks :)

Sounds awesome mate. I didn't hear any rotary or chorus on the record, however I think there might be after playing your tone. These have pretty much nailed Adam's sound. Thanks :)
Do ya think that’s Flange then at around 2:00 in Decending?
And yeah, I’m definitely cheating it a bit with the chorus, like I said I’m not entirely happy with the panning or I should say the stereo field I have so far on the clean tone. I need to still work on the cab blocks for that so in the interest of time & out of laziness I cheated a bit with a subtle chorus just to widen things a bit. I suppose I could have used the enhancer, I’m just not a fan of it. I dunno, to me it sounded like rotary and even at the very beginning it almost sounds like something is on, like the rotary effect is on just with no movement or hardly any movement but that also could just be the difference I’m hearing between how they have the panning & tracking setup vs how I do & im only using one, (which I should change).
Anyway...

Last edited:
I reworked the clean scene, it’s dual amp dual cab now.. using both the Diesel & the Dirty Shirley.. sounds pretty full & clean. If I was a betting man I’d say he’s using something other than his Les Paul on that clean part on Descending, something with a bridge & middle pickup combo. I was dialing it in with the bridge cause I read that’s all he ever uses, (shame on me for believing everything I read on the internet lol) but I switched to humbucker bridge/ middle combo and I’ll be dammed if what I was playing along with all but virtually disappeared almost identically sonically. Although my mid and neck are setup for the upmost quack you can get so I was a little over quacked it definitely sounded much more spot on than just a bridge, so ymmv, just something to be aware of if you’re trying to nail that down exact.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jwedv5qgctapce2/TOOL ADAM JONES v2.syx?dl=0

Last edited:
So I randomly met Adam Jones a couple weeks ago on the train literally the day after seeing this thread and downloading all these presets. Nicest guy ever btw. I briefly mentioned how some of the guys on the forum have been trying to emulate his sound on the Axe FX 3 and he thought that was pretty cool. So congrats Perdikament, Adam Jones and I were discussing your preset. :)

So I randomly met Adam Jones a couple weeks ago on the train literally the day after seeing this thread and downloading all these presets. Nicest guy ever btw. I briefly mentioned how some of the guys on the forum have been trying to emulate his sound on the Axe FX 3 and he thought that was pretty cool. So congrats Perdikament, Adam Jones and I were discussing your preset. :)
Ah, that’s pretty cool, awesome to know he’s still humble and down to earth and willing to hang out and “talk shop” with us mere mortals. Says a lot about a guy. Thanks for sharing that story.

These presets are great!
I rarely download a user preset that works well with my guitars right away, but this is not the case! Tight work!
Yeah I know exactly what ya mean, I’m always hesitant to share patches because I know when I d/l them more often than not they never seem to transfer well. Glad this worked out for those who it did.

Yeah I know exactly what ya mean, I’m always hesitant to share patches because I know when I d/l them more often than not they never seem to transfer well. Glad this worked out for those who it did.

It’s got such a great bottom end that isn’t flubby. I’ve got one tune that I really layed on the Tool influence pretty thick, I recorded it before I got the AxeFX, using Amplitube. I’m going to re-amp it tonight and see how it comes out with this preset to see how it sounds with the song.

Just reading over this thread..., new to Fractal and modelling tones in general (just got a new Axe3 M2), so as I'm learning how to use it, I'm also trying to learn the lingo. In your reply above, what is "d/I", and what does it mean?

Came across this thread while pondering the creation of a Tool tone, and instead I created a ZOMBIE

Great work @Perdikament and thanks for this awesome preset! Loaded it up on my FM9T, made some minor tweaks to amp balance for my taste and it sounds fantastic. Really nails his sound with my '59 loaded PRS. Tomorrow night I'm going to add the various delays, flanger, chorus, and whatever is clever, but you've gotten us 99% of the way there

Back
Top Bottom