Tony at it again...smh, Axe-Fx III inside and out video review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him performing the entire Miley Cyrus catalog? That's a YouTube video I'd watch all the way through.

Careful what you wish-for ..although I'm sure he'd fit right-in a-trottin' and a-frollickin' around the stage, some-things you can't unsee.

2EA1C21300000578-3326714-image-a-61_1448012682094.jpg

I thought it was because he felt discriminated against by FAS, or the forum, because of his age, or gender, or something along those lines...

Ya - Don't think he ever got over being called a chucklehead (though he does seem to chuckle a lot for no apparent reason). I actually get a kick out of his vids - the way he reviews the products laid out on what appears to be the dining room table, poking at the insides with his pointing stick and droning on about component prices as if that's the only investment needed to bring such products to market - I almost expect to hear a spouse pipe up at any moment and say "dear can you take that stuff out of here / your messing up the new doilies!" - lol

Maybe he makes some good points here and there but I unsubscribed long ago due to the vids being way too long, and, for my taste, I was not hearing enough logical basis in his review assessments.

Reactions: Woz
I don't care what the parts in the Axe-Fx III cost, I look at the value proposition as a whole. It's the most powerful, most flexible, best sounding product on the market, not to mention FREE and frequent updates due to Cliff's relentless pursuit of perfection. I can carry it in a 3-space rack bag in one hand, the FC-12 in a Pelican flight case in the other, and a guitar on my back, and I've had 3 back surgeries. It's well worth the asking price, regardless of component costs. People are just nuts, and there's nothing you can do about it. Arguing with them is pointless.

I'm legitimately confused how he made it sound that bad. The demo at the end of the video was just horrendous. Certainly wasn't using any of the factory presets. Sounds like he made his own preset and forgot to put the cab block in.

I doubt this review will mean anything in the grand scheme of anything though. Anyone serious about buying an Axe-Fx III will watch loads of review videos and every review I've seen aside from Tony's say that it's the best modeller going. So I doubt Tony's opinion is gonna persuade anyone.

Got no idea what he's on about with the whole size of the Fractal office. I wouldn't care if Cliff was bashing these things together in a mud hut with them sounding as good as they do.

It sounds that bad simply because that was his intention

Ya - Don't think he ever got over being called a chucklehead (though he does seem to chuckle a lot for no apparent reason). I actually get a kick out of his vids - the way he reviews the products laid out on what appears to be the dining room table, poking at the insides with his pointing stick and droning on about component prices as if that's the only investment needed to bring such products to market - I almost expect to hear a spouse pipe up at any moment and say "dear can you take that stuff out of here / your messing up the new doilies!" - lol

Maybe he makes some good points here and there but I unsubscribed long ago due to the vids being way too long, and, for my taste, I was not hearing enough logical basis in his review assessments.

I find it bizarre how he has these high production intros and a website, and a cheap home video on the actual content.
I don't think he is married, I just don't get that impression, if he was maybe she'd tell him to calm down and grow up

The whole thing is a 3 1/2 hour attempt at destroying the AXEIII. The sneering bias is obvious from the get go, how he can claim an objective review when he demos the Fractal so badly, obviously deliberately, and 'just happens' to end his video with a nice pleasant Helix vid that's "so much cheaper than an AXEIII"

I'm almost embarrassed to be from the same country as this idiot.

I deal with these sort of characters at work, they fixate on things and research the n'th degree out of the most meaningless facts and figures, when all they really need is just someone to say "Will you f~~king let it go"

It sounds that bad simply because that was his intention
He banned me from further comments...my username in there is RogerRoy if you want to see the fun. I actually asked him to post the patches he used and offered to do a video showing what he did wrong and how to fix it because I know he intentionally made it sound like that, and tries to say it sounds good so he can push his agenda that he’s not biased lol. 100% guarantee he won’t post the patch, though I’m not sure he can see my comments anymore

He banned me from further comments...my username in there is RogerRoy if you want to see the fun. I actually asked him to post the patches he used and offered to do a video showing what he did wrong and how to fix it because I know he intentionally made it sound like that, and tries to say it sounds good so he can push his agenda that he’s not biased lol. 100% guarantee he won’t post the patch, though I’m not sure he can see my comments anymore
He disabled comments for the video across the board - so no one can read any of the comments now. :rolleyes:

He disabled comments for the video across the board - so no one can read any of the comments now. :rolleyes:

Wonder if my post was the tipping point. I objectively pointed out how obvious his bias was, and how fixated he clearly was against Fractal all over some comments made against him in 2011, and how sad and childish he is to spend so much time and effort on such an extremely long video

What a joke he is,.........................lets move onto a far more interesting topic

Yup, just saw that. What a loser that guy is lol. He gets called out for being wrong yet again and he can’t take the criticism lol. I almost want to make a rebuttal video with his name in the headline showing how easy it actually is to use and get a real tone, not that atrocious sandbagging tone he posted at the end. “No I’m not biased against Fractal,I’m 66 and made a 3 1/2 video of yet more misinformation for fun” What a joke.

Yup, just saw that. What a loser that guy is lol. He gets called out for being wrong yet again and he can’t take the criticism lol. I almost want to make a rebuttal video with his name in the headline showing how easy it actually is to use and get a real tone, not that atrocious sandbagging tone he posted at the end. “No I’m not biased against Fractal,I’m 66 and made a 3 1/2 video of yet more misinformation for fun” What a joke.

You should do it just for a laugh

In fact I'd do one mocking his whole spiel, the opportunity for parody is huge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom