Possible bug? Impedance auto function

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
I might have missed something, but I remember that when you had the input impedance set to auto, it would change and display different values depending on the first active block in the chain. As far as I can tell, it no longer displays the correct impedance value. I always get "auto: 1M" regardless of having a fuzz, univibe etc as my first active block in the chain.

Working correctly here. The first block must be engaged for the impedance to change. If it is bypassed the impedance will revert to 1M.

Can you post a screenshot of the layout?

I'm wondering if you have another block (feedback return?) in an earlier column or above the effects mentioned. On the Axe II this would have priority for impedance. IOW it's not really based on signal flow, just the first active block as you look through each column.

Can you post a screenshot of the layout?

I'm wondering if you have another block (feedback return?) in an earlier column or above the effects mentioned. On the Axe II this would have priority for impedance. IOW it's not really based on signal flow, just the first active block as you look through each column.
Of course! Here is the layout, and a picture of the input block on the front panel.

Namnl-s.jpg

DSC-0107.jpg

Try bypassing return, amp & cab then check impedance. Those being in earlier columns would prevent drive from changing impedance if this works like the Axe II.

From the manual:

" The Input Instrument Impedance parameter appears only on the Input 1 block. This parameter changes the actual analog circuitry of the INSTR input jack to interact differently with your guitar pickups. This recreates the way that some classic effects (e.g. ‘Vibe) “load down” the pickups, causing a change in frequency response. In “AUTO” mode, the impedance is set automatically, based on the first active effect to follow the input. Normally the setting of “AUTO” is best, but you may also select any of the following values. This setting is saved with the channel. "

Danny W.

From the manual:

" The Input Instrument Impedance parameter appears only on the Input 1 block. This parameter changes the actual analog circuitry of the INSTR input jack to interact differently with your guitar pickups. This recreates the way that some classic effects (e.g. ‘Vibe) “load down” the pickups, causing a change in frequency response. In “AUTO” mode, the impedance is set automatically, based on the first active effect to follow the input. Normally the setting of “AUTO” is best, but you may also select any of the following values. This setting is saved with the channel. "

Danny W.
Thanks for the tip! I did some experimenting, and found that if there is a return block on the same column, or any column to the left of the input 1 block, the impedance will always be 1M. Furthermore, if an amp block is on a column to the left of an effect that changes the impedance, the impedance won't change (same column will still work). Doesn't matter if they are on different rows and the actual connections are effect to amp (see my preset layout above). Is this still normal @FractalAudio?

Also, another weird thing I also noticed. Why does the PI Fuzz change the impedance, but not the Face Fuzz?

The bug is strictly visual. If you refresh the Input block (press Exit then Edit) the value will update.
Not if I do it as above with the placement of return block or amp block. The value doesn't update and I can hear that the impedance doesn't change. There isn't the telltale sublte pop you get when the impedance is changed, and the tone doesn't change either.

I've attached my preset. Try and activate the vibe (phaser 1).

Attachments

• ELECTRIC.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom