Heavy - Collective Soul

Habuman

Power User
Any recommendations on what effect to use to get that slicing sound? Right now I'm experimenting with some flanger and tremolo. Close but...

Thanks.

Here's an Axe II preset you could convert with FracTool.

The pan/trem block doesn't provide enough control over the LFO shape for this, so a volume block with LFO modifier is used. Envelope runs the LFO when you play a note for proper sync. There's also a ~32nd note slapback delay and a gate last, sidechained to input.

Attachments

• CS Heavy trem.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 125

The pan/trem block doesn't provide enough control over the LFO shape for this, so a volume block with LFO modifier is used. Envelope runs the LFO when you play a note for proper sync. There's also a ~32nd note slapback delay and a gate last, sidechained to input.

Awesome. I will load it up tonight.

Thank you.

Whew - I'd be interested in your preset(s) for that song !! (which Amp/Cab for the main riff?)

Do you have a Keyboard player in the band ? If yes I'd maybe consider to leave the intro to him/her. And if not, there's also some Arpeggiated synth drone sound going in in the Refrain, which the AX8 could possibly also recreate - check e.g. Andrea Puxeddu or @simeon 's stuff for inspiration/how-to ... ;-)

Whew - I'd be interested in your preset(s) for that song !! (which Amp/Cab for the main riff?)

Do you have a Keyboard player in the band ? If yes I'd maybe consider to leave the intro to him/her. And if not, there's also some Arpeggiated synth drone sound going in in the Refrain, which the AX8 could possibly also recreate - check e.g. Andrea Puxeddu or @simeon 's stuff for inspiration/how-to ... ;-)

The amp that I use 95% of the time is the Friedman 2018. The cab is a basketweave w/greenbacks. All stock from AX8. Not in front of the AX8 right now so I can be more specific about the exact amp/cab.

Still working on the preset. Using the patch and parameters that @Bakerman provided to refine everything.

No keyboard player.

Hi Habuman,
I found myself looking for exactly that sound, to cover the song.
I ended up editing a Trem block myself with these settings:
-tapped the beat ended up at 102bpm
-LFO type Square
-Tempo 1/16
left everything at default and it works really well, the only thing is then it's all about your playing, you have to choke the strings after you play those intro octaves.
Hope that helps.
My amp is a Friedman c45 and it seems to do the trick.

Can someone convert this for Axe Fx III/FM9/FM3? Pretty please?

Back
Top Bottom