USA IIC++ What is the equivalent of the "Overdrive" control on the real amplifier?

Piing

Axe-Master
There is a Nick Johnston video playing the Mesa Mark V 35.

At the description they indicate these settings:

Ch. 2 MKIIC+ Mode
Gain: 5
Treble: 5
Mid: 6
Bass: 5.5
Presence: 4
Master: 4
35 watts

I assume that Gain is "Input Drive" on the Axe-FX, but where do I set the Axe-FX "Overdrive" control? At default 5.00?

2019-08-05 19_48_09-Axe-Edit III.png

Thank you for the info.

I've just looked closer to the Mesa Mark V 35. It seems like it has no Lead Drive control, only Gain. That is why they do not mention it.
So I assume it would be at default of 5.00

bogie.png

Too bad they cannot set it at 10, like is9582 :D

@Joe Bfstplk . Yeah mine is #11614, which I ordered with the EV-L speaker upgrade. Almost immediately after mine was delivered, my best bud decided he too should order one. When his arrived we wondered why his sounded a bit different than mine, although since he opted to save a few $$ with the Black Shadow speaker, we assumed that was the diff. Years later we found that while I had the C-, he had the better timing, as his was the C+ . Guess you had to be somewhat close to the C+ too.

@Joe Bfstplk Yeah, 60W and EQ here too.

And for anyone wondering, I’d have chosen the AxeFXIII in 1983, if it hd been around back in the day. Tones, flexibility, effects, back-saving weight, .... I still love my Mesa Mark IIC-, as its a wonderful beast, but my AxeFXIII is my favorite and my go-to, without any doubts or hesitation! Cheers, Lee

Thank you for the info.

I've just looked closer to the Mesa Mark V 35. It seems like it has no Lead Drive control, only Gain. That is why they do not mention it.
So I assume it would be at default of 5.00

View attachment 57282

Too bad they cannot set it at 10, like is9582 :D
The Mark V "Gain" control is equivalent to the Lead Drive on the earlier Mark series amps. The "Lead Gain" (Volume on a Mark II) control is fixed (pot is replaced by two resistors). This also applies to the JP II C+.

I think I remember hearing on the Mark V when they got rid of the overdrive knob, it is fixed to a setting of 7. I Don't remember where I heard it or if it's 100% true.

Back
Top Bottom