Software "MIKKO" - Next Gen Cab Sim | Shoot your own IR's [ML Sound Lab]

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Thanks

When you do that do you get the return back into the Axe so you could add Reverb Etc?

If you are on windows - set the grid up just like I did, just make sure the FXLoop is last without any shunts.
Another important factor of getting this to work is making sure your audio settings on windows is set correct or working as it should.

Also, for those who do get it to work - note that AxeEdit doesn't like to play nice, it will time out on you and become useless.

If you are on windows - set the grid up just like I did, just make sure the FXLoop is last without any shunts.
Another important factor of getting this to work is making sure your audio settings on windows is set correct or working as it should.
Sorry I’m on Mac, and also a III which doesn’t have the FX loop.

I’ll keep trying

Can you tell us more about the mega 412 new and old? Is the “old” the oversize one?

Thank you guys for helping each other. It's really not that complicated if you just experiment with it a little bit.

Remember that if you're hearing the direct cabless sound then your routing is wrong. Essentially you're listening to direct monitoring which means that you're still outputting to output 1 and listening to that. You need to have MIKKO in the loop like the guys posted above.

Have to say, although I’ve got a few ML libraries, they’ve been gravy rather than day to day use - just my taste no criticism intended. I’ve enjoyed them - but somehow outside of certain applications they’ve not stuck in the preset.

But wow! In 24 hours this Mikko has blown me away, in 5 minutes I completely fixed an amp sound which I’ve been struggling with for a while (just couldn’t get the right IR).

I genuinely believe for amps which I have real world experience of, this is all I’ll use - for amps which aren’t in the memory bank, I’m not so sure.

Yet.....

Definitely a game changer for me

But wow! In 24 hours this Mikko has blown me away, in 5 minutes I completely fixed an amp sound which I’ve been struggling with for a while (just couldn’t get the right IR).

I genuinely believe for amps which I have real world experience of, this is all I’ll use - for amps which aren’t in the memory bank, I’m not so sure.

Yet.....

Good to hear yet another positive feedback on it. Will be trying it out this weekend, and am hoping for similar results.

Also, I am looking forward to updates that include more speakers, particularly if there are more 'classic rock' oriented speakers to go along with the 'headbanger' selection. Weber Blue Dogs and their various '50s/'60s Jensen style Fender-y speakers are always a good choice....

Have to say, although I’ve got a few ML libraries, they’ve been gravy rather than day to day use - just my taste no criticism intended. I’ve enjoyed them - but somehow outside of certain applications they’ve not stuck in the preset.

Yet.....

That's the thing with all IR collections in general. F.ex. the Mega Oversize pack that we released in January is featured on so many huge releases of 2019 and most likely 2020 as well - but still it's a collection of IR's shot the way I would place mics. Nothing beats the ability to freely place the mics yourself so that YOU ARE THE IR PRODUCER. Now everyone gets the 100% clean IR capture method with their own mic placements. Haters may hate the term game changer for it being misused so many times in the past but this is just that.

So Jealous of all of you. Wanted to try this so badly but alas doesn't work on my older Mac OS.

Mikko, when Mikko is updated with additional cabs, will they come as free upgrades, or will they need to be purchased add ons?

Free expansion packs for those already owning all your other cab packs ? :)

That would be very appreciated :)

That would be cool or perhaps a coupon if someone has bought from ML store before ,kinda like airmiles

I cannot wait till the Legend greens go in there ,and maybe a Cream m65 to go with the H75 .
will get a chance to test MIKKO this week and I am stoked
I currently use the Greatest hits collection a lot , so I am excited to compare

I don’t have airmiles (as I used not to land with aircrafts ;-)) but coupons proportional to what you bought would help...(free if you own all the other packs ;-) ?)

In fact, I can’t say Mikko is better or worse than ML cab packs. I’d say it’s funnny, maybe easier if you know what to do. I still have to play with it to create better IR (for my taste) than the ML one ´s I’m using.

MIKKO 1.1.0 was just released. You should have an email notification with a download link. If not - then get it from the ML website. A bunch of bug fixes and mono operation included.

About the airmiles etc. this is definitely something I want to think about. We're currently thinking about different ways for releasing add-on packs or extension packs in general.

Last edited:
Hi Mikko, you have a great video for putting the MIKKO inside the Axe Fx III signal path, but are there are any videos for setting up the same kind of signal path for the Axe Fx II XL?
I wish I still had my II... I asked my good friend Zach to shoot this video and his answer was "there's nothing to it - it just works". :D But he shot it anyways:

If that's not enough then replace the OUTPUT block in your Axe-Fx with an FX Loop block and that should get rid of that direct sound coming through while sending that signal to the MIKKO. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom