ToneQuest - Episode 6 - Joe Satriani - "Cryin' Free" Preset!

That was great!

Play through was excellent with only a couple spots that have a more bit more sustain on the original (from memory).

One of my favorite tracks from Satch - I'm a sucker for a ballad!

This is the first of your videos that I've watched. The playing, tone and production are all very good. Thanks for sharing.

I'll try to check out the preset later although I usually find I'm not a fan of other's presets.

That was great!

Play through was excellent with only a couple spots that have a more bit more sustain on the original (from memory).

One of my favorite tracks from Satch - I'm a sucker for a ballad!

This is the first of your videos that I've watched. The playing, tone and production are all very good. Thanks for sharing.

I'll try to check out the preset later although I usually find I'm not a fan of other's presets.

Thank you so much for watching and providing your feedback. Yes, I do agree that the sustain is a bit more in certain places, but since I usually record at lower volumes, it does get a bit hard to get that clean sustain and feedback from the guitar :) Most of the times I do have headphones on as well.

Thanks for your feedback on the quality of the video. I do spend quite a bit of time ensuring the quality is great, so it's really warming to see someone appreciate it!

Please do check out my other presets, I've got a few on here, and plan to do more. You can find a link to all my presets in my signature! All of them have a demo linked inside them

Cheers!

Hey guys!

Episode 6 is out for my ToneQuest series, and this time I tried to dial in the amazing tone for the guitar god Joe Satriani from the song Cryin'.

As always, preset is FREE and available for you to try from the Axe Change here: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=7128

Looking for your support and feedback! Please, please do let me know how I did :) Cheers!

Stellar tone and playing - a very nice introduction to your work!

Thank you very much for sharing the preset. Great tone and playing!

This is one of the songs that I'm never tired of playing. Now I am enjoying playing it again with your preset :)

With my Ibanez JS2450 the tone was a little bit harsh on the high frequencies, so I have made a couple of mods.

Here are the settings (I've replaced the JVM Red for the JS410 Lead Red):

JS410-Cryin.png

Last edited:

This is one of the songs that I'm never tired of playing. Now I am enjoying playing it again with your preset :)

With my Ibanez JS2450 the tone was a little bit harsh on the high frequencies, so I have made a couple of mods.

JS410-Cryin.png
Thank you buddy for your response! I love creating these presets and going back to the old classics and finally be able to come close to the tone now that I have an Axe FX!

The tone may (I am almost inclined to say 'will') sound different on different guitars, as there are so many different parameters! And I think we all have different gear and setup!

Thank you so much for your tweaks and I shall try them soon! Would love to hear how that sounds through your Ibanez!

Cheers buddy, I am working hard on the next one :) Coming soon I hope!

JS410-Cryin.png
Hi can you give the preset again to test. I’ve got Axe fx 2 xl plus.thanks

Thank you for your selfless efforts. I have been a fan of Joe for over 30 years and thanks to you I am now able to further enjoy playing his songs. Not only have you nailed the tone, but your playing is top notch also. You sir are a top man and I am grateful 🙏

Hey guys!

Episode 6 is out for my ToneQuest series, and this time I tried to dial in the amazing tone for the guitar god Joe Satriani from the song Cryin'.

As always, preset is FREE and available for you to try from the Axe Change here: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=7128

Looking for your support and feedback! Please, please do let me know how I did :) Cheers!

Can I know what cab you are using my friend?
Cheers.

Hey guys!

Can you tell me what cab you are using my friend?
Thanks.

Thank you for your selfless efforts. I have been a fan of Joe for over 30 years and thanks to you I am now able to further enjoy playing his songs. Not only have you nailed the tone, but your playing is top notch also. You sir are a top man and I am grateful 🙏
That is incredible feedback sir! I just woke up to see this and you cannot imagine how great it feels. It's the push that keeps me going! I'm so glad that I could bring more enjoyment to your playing with my efforts :) I do plan to do more Satriani presets so do stay tuned on my channel and support me. Thank you so much! Cheers!

Can you tell me what cab you are using my friend?
Thanks.
Of course! I always do try to explain the preset after the playing in almost all my videos. You can check around the 4:40 mark in the video in this case.

It's a 4x12 Marshall cab I believe (F057 stock). Hope this helps buddy!

This is great. I would have never thought to us a vocoder in a preset. Great work! Loved your play through.

Last edited:
Of course! I always do try to explain the preset after the playing in almost all my videos. You can check around the 4:40 mark in the video in this case.

It's a 4x12 Marshall cab I believe (F057 stock). Hope this helps buddy!
Just try the preset and I have a Ibanez MCO 2480 and the preset have some noise... Don’t have much expression like the sound of Satch... But that’s my opinion.. Or something I do wrong... Anyone with the same issue?

This is great. I would have never thought to us a vocoder in a preset. Great work! Loved your play through.
Thank you buddy! I agree on the vocoder thing too! Would have never used it, but tried it and it sounded good. Never planned for it though lol! Glad you like the preset. There are many more on my channel so do have a look! Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom