John Sykes tone with my JP2C

Frank Pearl

Inspired
Hi my name is Franco and I come from Italy.
Two years ago i was obsessed with Sykes guitar tone and, as a real JP2C owner, i tried to reply his tone with my amp. And i did this video

Now, I got an Axe-FX 3 two days ago and i tried to reply my Sykes tone on that video.
This is the patch.
the cab used ( the same of the video) is Ownhammer OH 412 MES-OS V70+V60 OH1-M+.
Let me know if you enjoy it.

Attachments

• FP - John Sykes JP2C - no Cab.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 331
Mind if I ask if the cab you referenced (Ownhammer OH 412 MES-OS V70+V60 OH1-M+) came from a pack or individual purchase? I can't seem to find this name when searching on Ownhammer's site. (I've even tried reducing the search down as far as 412 MES-OS, and get zero hits). I inserted both OH 412 MES-TR V60+V70 OH1-00 and OH 412 MES-TR V60+V70 SP2-00 which based on some of the naming MIGHT be at least somewhat similar, and sounds pretty good. I'd really like to find the one you're using so I can compare. Cheers, Lee

Oh, and the vid sounds great. Good tip about copying and pasting to another tab!

Last edited:
Mind if I ask if the cab you referenced (Ownhammer OH 412 MES-OS V70+V60 OH1-M+) came from a pack or individual purchase? I can't seem to find this name when searching on Ownhammer's site. (I've even tried reducing the search down as far as 412 MES-OS, and get zero hits). I inserted both OH 412 MES-TR V60+V70 OH1-00 and OH 412 MES-TR V60+V70 SP2-00 which based on some of the naming MIGHT be at least somewhat similar, and sounds pretty good. I'd really like to find the one you're using so I can compare. Cheers, Lee

Oh, and the vid sounds great. Good tip about copying and pasting to another tab!
I bought the cab in the pic.
glad you enjoyed the video. i did a lot of research to reach that sound.Schermata 2019-07-17 alle 19.58.14.png

That particular 412 MES-OS set of IRs that you bought is no longer available for sale on the OwnHammer site. Therefore the exact IR you used can no longer be purchased.
write an email to ownhammer and ask for that cab pac. I'm sure they will help you.
In the meanwhile i'm trying to replicate that cab with those inside the Axe but it's not easy at all

I actually sent a note about this on Ownhammer’s site, after your initial post, but haven’t heard anything back. Perhaps they are deep into it??

man you can use any Mesa IR,do some test with different Mesa IRs
Oh I have, haha. It was mainly due to the comments by @Frank Pearl , regarding how much time he spent trying to find what sounded correct, and how it wasn't easy to obtain with the IRs in the Axe. I have a different group of Mesa IRs I bought from OH in 2015, so I'm still rocking this preset, but also would like to have the same starting sounds. Cheers Lee

Back
Top Bottom