Gated Reverb Tutorial

Thanks, Leon! Cool stuff. Man, do you ever sleep? You put out more videos than CNN, lol. And they're all useful, too!

Take advantage of the LFO in the Filter block & a Lowpass or even Tilt, actually experiment & see what you like best, and also with the LFO wave type & duty.. you can get some cool things going with that. I’ve been using it in front of the Octavia, which can really bring out those octave overtones. I basically was trying to copy the Lysis pedal from Solid Gold FX. Anyway, the addition of the LFO in the Filter block cane at the perfect time, and in messing around with it, this, (where you’re using it) could be a cool spot to use it to add some subtle effect. You can get an almost Univibe kind of “vibe” with a lowpass, Log & the duty offset to one side.

Maybe it’s mentioned already in the video, but there’s also a Gated Reverb preset among the factory presets.

My workflow is pretty streamlined so it doesn't take very long to do these. Plus they're fun!
You run your voice mic through the Axe I guess, so all you have to do in post is sync up the audio and video, and then snip off whatever parts you don’t want to keep? How long did that video take you in total? Just curious, feel free to ignore me if it’s a boring question:)

Before investing (time), is this doable on FM3 or II XL? TIA
Should be fine on both.

You run your voice mic through the Axe I guess, so all you have to do in post is sync up the audio and video, and then snip off whatever parts you don’t want to keep? How long did that video take you in total? Just curious, feel free to ignore me if it’s a boring question:)

As @rossipedia mentioned my setup has changed slightly recently but since I'm recording in a DAW I can do all the audio edits easily there then simply sync up with the video in final cut. I set an hour or so aside each day to make content.

Back
Top Bottom