Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 6.02, Axe-Edit 1.01.09 and FC Firmware 1.08

I see the message and thought you could not get any to work.,
I just clicked each one of your 3 links and they all allowed me to download the files.
If the 3 links are dead, I suggest flush your browser's cache or use another browser.
Thanks for the tip, but I’m good. I thought you were referring to all of the links, firmware included, being available.

@FractalAudio just noticed a small bug:

Selecting the tuner from the home screen has moved from B to A, but exiting the tuner hasn't. You still need to press B to exit. Not a huge thing but not expected behaviour.

Also had the problem updating FC6 to 1.08... Never had this issue with previous firmwares...
Setting delay to 800ms did the trick (slow)...

Hi, I just updated my III, FC-12 and Axe-Edit with no issues. But with my FC-6 something went wrong and it now stays in Failsafe v0.01 mode and Axe shows no connected FC's. I tried to update several times and have power cycled the units many times. Still the same. What should I do?
still on Failsafe Mode...before I go to Support officially, anyone got any ideas?
But still the FC is stuck in Failsafe mode.
I am also stuck in Failsafe mode after updating to FC firmware FC1.08 .. Hope there is a work around .

For all those having issues updating their FC(s), please use the latest FractalBot:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fractal-bot-3-00-00.151876/

Please note that with the new version, you should no longer use Utility mode or manually enter failsafe mode to perform FC firmware updates. Open FractalBot, make sure the FC is running normally (i.e. not in failsafe), select Axe-Fx III as your device, browse to the update file, hit begin, and power cycle once the transfer is complete.

I had no idea FC6 needed adapter

I bought 9V 1000ma, is that right? Or did I need exactly 9-12v Dc??? I have no clue about this stuff and the pro audio guy at Sam ash just said take this and handed me a universal 1300ma adapter smh

Is this one ok???https://www.microcenter.com/product...regulated-switching-power-adapter---ul-listed
FC-6 does not need an adapter unless it is being daisy-chained to another FC. If it is the first or only FC it gets its power from the Axe-Fx.

Thanks bud
I love my FAS brothers
I’m literally addicted to my Axe 3 FC6
Like I’m a total sellout from kemper haha haha
This machine combo is worth the 2.75k
I would spend it without hesitation my friend

I love FractalAudio

What a great update - had the Failsafe issue but have successfully updated my FC's, AE and the AxeFX.
Thank you all who have worked on this!!

did you update to 6.03? because 6.02 had a bug.

Yes, I did. Thank you.
I am currently on FW6.03 for the AXE and on FW1.08 for the FC.
Here's what I did - before reading this thread:
  • Updated Fractal Bot to 3.0 - OK
  • Updated Axe to FW6.03 from 5.08 - OK
  • Updated FC12 to FW1.08 from FW1.06 - Failed - stuck in Failsafe mode
  • Downgraded to Fractal Bot 2.11 - OK
  • Updated FC12 to FW1.08 from FW1.06 - OK
---as I also have an FC6:
  • Updated FC6 to FW1.08 from FW1.06, still using Fractal Bot 2.11 - Failed - stuck in Failsafe mode
  • Unplugged the XLR from the FC6 and switched off AXE, waited about 3 mins and then updated FC6 to FW1.08 from 1.06 - OK
  • Updated again to Fractal Bot 3.0 - OK
...and then I read the posts about this...should have read this thread before updating :)

Yes, I did. Thank you.
I am currently on FW6.03 for the AXE and on FW1.08 for the FC.
Here's what I did - before reading this thread:
  • Updated Fractal Bot to 3.0 - OK
  • Updated Axe to FW6.03 from 5.08 - OK
  • Updated FC12 to FW1.08 from FW1.06 - Failed - stuck in Failsafe mode
  • Downgraded to Fractal Bot 2.11 - OK
  • Updated FC12 to FW1.08 from FW1.06 - OK
---as I also have an FC6:
  • Updated FC6 to FW1.08 from FW1.06, still using Fractal Bot 2.11 - Failed - stuck in Failsafe mode
  • Unplugged the XLR from the FC6 and switched off AXE, waited about 3 mins and then updated FC6 to FW1.08 from 1.06 - OK
  • Updated again to Fractal Bot 3.0 - OK
...and then I read the posts about this...should have read this thread before updating :)
just checking, since you posted in the 6.02 thread.

Oh wow, luckily I instinctively loaded up the new Fw before even playing with my FC6

See? You guys started a good habit for me by always checking and updating first
Thx

Anyone else having a problem installing Fractalbot on OSX? I've downloaded it twice, but when I try to install it, I get "The operation couldn't be completed (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)"

This is the first time since I got my III, over a year, that I've had a problem installing anything related to it. Most works without a hitch.

Back
Top Bottom