Burg's Dumbles. Preset demo and free download.

preset sounds fantastic, your playing is unbelievable and so tasteful, that just makes one want to play guitar, great
Thanks! I'm really just a pentatonic hack that likes to think outside of the square sometimes. If that makes you want to play more guitar, that's a cool thing. Thanks for the kind words!
@Burgs , you’re on a roll! Cheers.
Yeah, it's been a good week for me. Lots of fun. I'm a bit burned out now so I'll chill for a week or two and come back...
Sweet Burgs!
🙏🏼
Sounds great, I love your presets and videos. Thank you for sharing.
My pleasure. I hope you have fun with them and can make them your own. Cheers.
Thanks Burgs, sounds great mate..
No worries, Glenn. Plenty more to come.
As always, great presets and great playing, sir. Thanks for sharing.
My pleasure. Rock on. :)

Can report that the preset works quite well with split coil type pickups as well. Really well done Burgs!

Last edited:
You are a gifted player, Burgsmeister. I think your playing would sound good no matter how it's set, but you do stellar work at getting the tone that really suits your playing.

Can report that the preset works quite well with split coil type pickups as well. Really well done Burgs!
Thanks! Yeah, I gave it a shot with a Strat and it took on a whole different but very pleasant dynamic, as you would expect. Glad you're digging it. Cheers!
You are a gifted player, Burgsmeister. I think your playing would sound good no matter how it's set, but you do stellar work at getting the tone that really suits your playing.
Thanks, Rick. I appreciate your kind words. Sometimes I wonder about the 'gift' part; I think it's just sheer tenacity! You're right, though, I do tailor my tones to suit my own style. Thanks for chipping in!

Thank you Burg's very good sound with this preset (and your fingers)
Very good playing
Thanks for sharing
MicPop

Maestro Burg, your tone, touch, and style are impeccable. The tones You achieve in this video sound priceless. Thank you for this gift and the sharing of your craft. You are an inspiration to us all...

Last edited:
This preset is ridiculously good. I thought I had a pretty good Dumble preset dialed in and it's just a pale facisimile next to this one.

Amazing stuff, thank you so much for your great efforts and give this to the FAS community!!!

It also triggered me to download your MarshallsV6 preset... and then I was 2 hours further not wanting to put my guitar down... and it's summertime and 30 degrees outside...

Well what the heck...

It's getting to the stage where a new preset from you is as much fun as new firmware! Thanks Brett, it's greatly appreciated.
Pauly

Following on from my Carol-Ann and Marshall efforts, here's one that features the tones closely associated with one Mr Alexander D. I hope you enjoy it after you've tweaked it and had a laugh at the video. Cheers!

Preset link: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=7072

Video demo:

Great stuff. I may have asked this before, but what’s the type of mic you are using for speech?

Thank you Burg's very good sound with this preset (and your fingers)
Very good playing
Thanks for sharing
MicPop
My pleasure, MP. I'm glad having fun with it.
Yo know I have 10 or 12 Dumbo 👀 amps 😳and none of them sound this good🙀...
seriously Maestro Burg, your tone, touch, and style are impeccable. The tones You achieve in this video sound priceless. Thank you for this gift and the sharing of your craft. You are an inspiration to us all...
I've used a real Dumble in the past. My friend, James Ralston (Tina Turner) had a little ODS on the road for a while. We used it as a warm-up backstage. Ha! He loved it but I just thought of it as a smooth Fender - which is what it was, right? Anyway, I've grown to appreciate them a little more now and Robben's remark about them not 'hurting' at high volumes or with severe frequencies is spot on, I think. So I made this preset with all of that in mind and, of course, with Cliff's incalculable help. It's just a bit of fun and I'm glad you guys dig it. Cheers.
This preset is ridiculously good. I thought I had a pretty good Dumble preset dialed in and it's just a pale facisimile next to this one.
I don't do much, iaresee. I just listen, mainly in context next to a decent backing track like the ones Guthrie did with jamtrackcentral .... see how it sits, how the dynamics are at 100dB, the highs, the lows... mids... that sort of stuff. Play it with a Tele, play it with a PAF, roll volumes back and forth, make sure delays and verbs are happy but not too drunk... It can get crazy (because I am a little bit) but there's a sweet spot. And then I stop before whatever goodness I've generated becomes corrupted by over-tweak. And I release. And then I move on. :D

Amazing stuff, thank you so much for your great efforts and give this to the FAS community!!!
It also triggered me to download your MarshallsV6 preset... and then I was 2 hours further not wanting to put my guitar down... and it's summertime and 30 degrees outside...
Well what the heck...
I am flattered that you're digging my stuff even in the heat! In summer I often work in 36C because my little room has no aircon. But that's cool too! :D Cheers.
It's getting to the stage where a new preset from you is as much fun as new firmware! Thanks Brett, it's greatly appreciated.
Pauly
No probs, Pauly. It will be a while before the next one. I have to wait for that inspiration thing. Thanks, mate. I appreciate the encouragement.
Great stuff. I may have asked this before, but what’s the type of mic you are using for speech?
I use a Samson Airline, Yek. I run it through the Waves CLA Vocal plug and use a talk-back preset. I can send you my settings if you like. I've used it for 2000 videos and it never fails! Cheers.

If you ever want shashimi at Sakura, or a coffe at Doc's give me a hoy - my shout.
Thanks
Pauly

No probs, Pauly. It will be a while before the next one. I have to wait for that inspiration thing. Thanks, mate. I appreciate the encouragement.

Back
Top Bottom