Not much love for bass regarding amps and effects?

Thanks for engaging. Nobody is asking for 50 of bass anything, just a handful of amps & cabinets, regularly sprinkled in over the last number of years. All good. I'm happy to let this dead horse lay beaten. For whatever the reason - no matter what it is - the history and facts remain as they are, and everyone will just have to live with it, like it or not. =)
Indeed. It's one thing for something to be said, but actions are always the truth and speak volumes. It's all well and good the folks who want to come in and defend FAS and say bass is of no importance. That's fine. We get it, have been told that over and over again, and have been with the product long enough to see that is the stance, even if "unofficial". It's also been obvious to us bass players for quite some time now, so saying that is nothing new for us.

I didn't think asking for some staple amps to being entitled. It's interesting that someone would throw that title onto a group simply asking for some decent representation. It's somewhat similar to say, there not being any Plexi's included. Then, FAS turns around and starts posting articles about how great of a product they have for bass players. It's... I don't know the right word. Misleading comes to mind but that's too harsh.

I'm actually not even really sure why I posted in here. Someone emailed me and asked me for my thoughts, so I poked around. I should've just told them what I had thought without trying to see if there was any change recently. Sorry for stirring up things.

I strongly disagree that there is entitlement going on with this issue and the people involved. More bass amps is a feature request, and one that many people who have been long-time evangelists for Fractal have made - to associate this with the Klon drama is insulting on many levels. It's one of hundreds of feature requests Fractal has to deal with, and right now things like getting a foot controller shipping are obviously much higher on the priority list. If it rises to the top of their list, it's clear there's a group of bassists willing to evangelize the Axe-3, for whatever that's worth.

As a long-standing feature request, this has gone in circles time and again, but I'm not sure closing threads is going to do anything but hurt feelings.

Remember this? You wonder why bassists are touchy around here? Take a few minutes to follow the full trajectory of this thread and tell us how you'd feel as a bassist.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/the-bass-preset-collection-project.70654/

Screenshot of the thread's opening post (note the date):

View attachment 49461
That thread was one of the motivators for me to start the Soundlab with offering both presets & IR files of stuff not currently in the box (or in the case of the RW X10 SVT IR, with a very mid heavy EQ).

That thread was one of the motivators for me to start the Soundlab with offering both presets & IR files of stuff not currently in the box (or in the case of the RW X10 SVT IR, with a very mid heavy EQ).

Yes, and much appreciated and respect to you, Sir.

For those who haven't been able to wade through that thread beginning-to-end, the whole idea was left to die on the vine after about a year of contributions from bassists, with no follow-up, explanation, or further consideration from Fractal. This is Exhibit A as to why bassists feel just a little bit neglected, and unless you're a bassist who actively lurks the Bass & Other Instruments forum, you might never know this attempt at FAS authorized bass presets & custom IRs ever existed.

FWIW

First off, I love Fractal...brilliant products for sure.

But I think even if direct is the key, then why not at least plump up their options for compressors and limiters?
This was a wish list item I made that wasn’t responded to or explored much when I posted it. But the gizmos used
like the Altecs, Pultecs and LA2As are fairly simple tube driven boxes...And they are a functional part of the bass “sound”.
Listen to the compression on the bass in “Rock On” by David Essex on a suitable hifi.

Having said all that, much love to Fractal.

First off, I love Fractal...brilliant products for sure.

But I think even if direct is the key, then why not at least plump up their options for compressors and limiters?
This was a wish list item I made that wasn’t responded to or explored much when I posted it. But the gizmos used
like the Altecs, Pultecs and LA2As are fairly simple tube driven boxes...And they are a functional part of the bass “sound”.
Listen to the compression on the bass in “Rock On” by David Essex on a suitable hifi.

Having said all that, much love to Fractal.
The LA2A is already in there as Optical 1 in the compressor block.

Direct is NOT key. Not sure where that came from. Some people do it rather than lugging around a huge bass amp, but a mic’ed amp is ALWAYS choice.
you misunderstood my post...
the claim from others was that everybody records direct and i stated IF that were the case then...we still need more help....

Sorry for the resurrection of an old thread but I've always had this thread in the back of my mind. Lately I've been getting into some bass tones more and more recently like the last pack ML just put out. With that said I thought I'd ask you guys if there would be interest for a bass "Amp Pack" sort of like what we've done with Boogey V?

Well I guess I'm more asking because I've already done the necessary tests and there are some semi-advanced tweaks I had to do to make the SV Bass sim sound like just like the real amp. :)

Maybe all these things could work for bass and any other gear you want to make it work with, who knows?

I'm just finding out that my bass effect pedal could also work for guitars just by turning off something in the chain or whatever. I have the Zoom B1Xon. My Boss SY-300 works for both guitars and bass (I'm sure anything else really).

I've used the Axe-FX 3 for my last two gigs on bass, both of them I got several compliments about my tone, from other bassists, the sound guys, the venue owners ("why can't the bass sound like this every night?"), and by fans (playing in bass-heavy tribute so the fans are usually particular about the bass tone).

I've been critical that there are a few signature amps still missing in the bass representation (primarily the Gallien-Krueger RB for me) but what's there is simply awesome and very capable.

That is true, there is a major difference for bass between II and III. Now, even with Ares I cannot get close to the sound I have on III - main part of patch is the same (dynamics, amps and cabinets).

That is true, there is a major difference for bass between II and III. Now, even with Ares I cannot get close to the sound I have on III - main part of patch is the same (dynamics, amps and cabinets).

So what is the difference exactly between the II and III in regard to the usefulness for bass?

Back
Top Bottom