Axe-Fx 3 Midi

J00McG00

Hey guys,

I'm currently setting up two axe fx 3s for my band and I'm working through Cubase 9.5 trying to make patch and scene changes for each song we have. I'm using the Motu MicroLite for sending midi signals.

I've gone through the initial setup in the DAW (all channels are matching) and I'm getting both a midi signal from the motu microlite for both axe fx channels (1-2) and I see the midi in lights light up on both units as well...the problem is that only the first axe fx is responding at all and only to a patch change, not a scene change. The 2nd axe fx is just not responding to anything.

Does anyone have experience with these changes for cubase and or the Micro Lite? I used to use this on Logic and it worked just fine but I've switched to Cubase and would like to try to get it to work.

How are you connecting them?

Did you set the Scene CC value under the Midi/Remote menu on the Axe Fx? There is no default CC.

@unix-guy I actually just figured out program changing...it seems I had to select the individual ports as the "Midi-OUT" and then leave them both as channel 1 respectively for each...

As far as scenes, do I need to set that in the units themselves? I thought they were defaulted to CC34 like in the AxeFX2

@unix-guy I actually just figured out program changing...it seems I had to select the individual ports as the "Midi-OUT" and then leave them both as channel 1 respectively for each...

As far as scenes, do I need to set that in the units themselves? I thought they were defaulted to CC34 like in the AxeFX2
You have to set the CC. As I mentioned, the Axe Fx III has NO default CCs.

Back
Top Bottom