Tuner engage on exp. pedal heel down

Megahertzz

Inspired
Is there a way to set up an expression pedal so that the tuner engages when the pedal is in full heel down position, regardless of which parameter and block the pedal is controlling?
I want to be able to turn on the tuner when I turn the volume of either a volume block or output block all the way down.

I think you could assign your volume controller also to the on off switch, assign a modifier and set the min to auto turn on tuner and set 10 percent to turn off tuner. I have not tried this, but to me a hold switch is better because you can tune on the fly at any volume or no volume. One of my switches is tap tune and hold the switch turns the tuner on.

OP wants to get tuner on on his volume pedal, you can only assign one modifier, say Ext.3 for example. And you cannot assign your tuner to Ext.3 at the same time. I can make it with my RJM Gt16, as it has a switch function in the expression pedals settings. Very handy, would be nice to put on the wish list.

On Global Settings, double click on your Expression Pedal, then in Position Switch Actions you set > New Action > Action Type: System > Subtype:Tuner.
Then a second action : Action Type: CC Toggle, Device Axe-FX III, CC Number 35, Off Value: 0, On Value 127. Done.
Also Check Invert Position Switch.

Tune!

OP wants to get tuner on on his volume pedal, you can only assign one modifier, say Ext.3 for example. And you cannot assign your tuner to Ext.3 at the same time. I can make it with my RJM Gt16, as it has a switch function in the expression pedals settings. Very handy, would be nice to put on the wish list.
Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying, but an external controller can definitely be assigned to more than one modifier at the same time.

Yes, you are right, sorry for the wrong translation. You can only assign one modifier to one function. If you, or somebody else have an idea how to create what is asked in the OP, I would be very interested.

Yes, you are right, sorry for the wrong translation. You can only assign one modifier to one function. If you, or somebody else have an idea how to create what is asked in the OP, I would be very interested.
I don't... I think this requires a firmware change.

I just assigned the bottom right button on my FC-6 to engage silent tuning on hold. It works well for me so far. I’ll set up my FC-12 similarly whenever I get one, but I still have a decent wait.

Elaborate, please.

Better ways of engaging the tuner. And too many things can happen live with a foot pedal where it slips (or inadvertently knocked) into tuner mode. Usually this happens right when you are in the middle of your big solo. Dropouts when you're playing, etc.

IMO.

Better ways of engaging the tuner. And too many things can happen live with a foot pedal where it slips (or inadvertently knocked) into tuner mode. Usually this happens right when you are in the middle of your big solo. Dropouts when you're playing, etc.

This doesn't seem like a bad option if a volume pedal is needed for the performance anyway.

IMO.
I use an expression pedal for volume on all my presets, and always turn volume down between songs. Never experienced any accidental dropout, and this would in any case happen regardless of whether the tuner engages on heel down. The only issue would be if there's any latency between tuner function and volume function when doing volume swells.

Maybe also try set the tuner to not mute the output, because your volume pedal will be doing that anyway? In theory this would eliminate any lag issues if they exist.
That said, my tuner is set to mute and is pretty responsive when I disengage the tuner.

I’ve set mine like chucma, no muting needed because the volume is down. I also put the volume down between songs to clean any unwanted noise.

With the latest firmware update on the GT22 I finally managed to make the tuner engage on heel down on the expression pedal. The only problem is that there's a jump in volume from heel down when tuner disengages, instead of a smooth swell from complete silence. This happens even though the tuner is not set to mute when engaged.

Link to my GT22 file for those interested

Back
Top Bottom