4th of July sale?

JeremiahEdward

Inspired
I'm interested in upgrading to the FX8 MK II, but I'm wondering if Fractal Audio typically does sales on units like the FX8? If not, I'll just buy one now, but does anyone know if there is a forthcoming FX8 sale? I know, i know.. only fractal knows that, but people who know fractals sales history may have some insight?

I just saw that. I may buy. How was it cosmetically. It make me nervous to buy b-stock as I don’t want something that’s significantly damaged. Says minor cosmetic flaws, I’m guessing mostly customer returns

I bought a B stock fx8 for $800 in March and it was flawless. I wondered at the time whether Fractal was just clearing stock.

At this price point, I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on one. It's only $50 more than a Strymon Timeline. But I have a Axe-FX II and MFC-101 already, a FC6 on the way, and the FM3 coming soon so I just don't see that I'd ever use this.

At this price point, I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on one. It's only $50 more than a Strymon Timeline. But I have a Axe-FX II and MFC-101 already, a FC6 on the way, and the FM3 coming soon so I just don't see that I'd ever use this.

Ya that's literally throwing money away.

Personally while I love and respect the Fractal Amp Modeling Gods, the FX8 is perfect for me. I do not need amp models and at best 2-3 good ones are enough for me so I just use my preamp/power amp rig and I am fine.
I just sold off my Strymon and modulation pedals and that paid for the B stock with enough to spare to make the payment on my Sweetwater card as well. I would love to see the Helix technology of naming the scribble strips on the FX8, now that would be amazing, as I did love the way the Helix did all that but other than that L6 can kiss it! I would pay the price for an uber Fractal unit that let you name stuff like that!! I would even get an AX8 and not use the amp stuff just to have it.

Back
Top Bottom