York Audio presents the ORNG 4x12 Cab Pack

York Audio

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
York Audio proudly presents the ORNG 4x12 Cab Pack based on a 2006 Orange™ PPC412 4x12 cabinet loaded with Celestion™ Vintage 30 speakers. The two best speakers were captured with a world class microphone selection and top of the line outboard gear for a truly realistic and inspiring experience. With a huge low end, smooth yet prominent midrange, and present top end, this cabinet thrives at metal, hard rock, and alternative music. Although this cabinet is known for more aggressive music, it sounds fantastic with clean and edge of breakup tones as well and loves a wide variety of models from different amp manufacturers.

For those who want “plug and play” options, this Cab Pack features “Quick Play” folders containing 8 hand-selected IR’s with popular mic placements and multi-mic mixes. The Cab Pack also includes a folder of “Producer Single Mic Favorites” with York Audio’s personal favorite single mic captures along with a “Producer Mixes” folder containing great sounding multi-mic mixes of tried and true mic combinations and positions as well as new creative flavors. If you like to explore in depth, there is a “Tweak Geek” folder containing 188 single mic captures per speaker to hone in on your personal tonal taste and mix your favorite mics. Lastly, there is a “Speaker Blends” folder with multi-mic mixes that combine the complimentary sonic strengths of each speaker working together to create truly massive guitar tones.
This UltraRes™ Cab Pack contains raw .ir files for custom mixes in Cab Lab as well as Min Phase .syx files ready to drag and drop straight into your Fractal Audio Systems unit.

Microphones Used:
Dynamic
  • 57 - Based on a Shure™ SM57
  • 58 - Based on a Shure™ SM58
  • 421M - Based on a modern Sennheiser™ MD421
  • 421V - Based on a vintage Sennheiser™ MD421
  • 906 - Based on a Sennheiser™ e906
  • SM7 - Shure™ SM7B
Ribbon
  • 121 - Based on a Royer™ R121
  • 160 - Based on a Beyerdynamic™ M160
  • 313 - Based on a Shure™ KSM313
Condenser
  • U47 - Based on a Telefunken™ U47
  • 414 - Based on an AKG C414

Here's a full band clean to mean clip showcasing beautiful clean tones as well as massive distorted guitars with clarity even when playing complex chord voicings.

You can get your copy here! https://shop.fractalaudio.com/york-audio-orng-4x12/

I'm really proud of this pack and excited to hear the music you all create with it.
-Justin

Hi, I know I may be weird, but I never buy IR packs. What would change that instantly would be if it also had added presets using the irs. I think it really is a big step forward that “the best of” is now already selected. But like you make a demo for the ir’s, why not make a few patches with them increase the ease of use even more? I know what I can do myself, I just don’t like doing that. I hear a democand think “wauw”. But going out and figuringcout what amp was used, which settings.. nah. All I wanna do is tweak bass mid treb or drive on the amp to my liking..
I cannot be the only one here like this, right? I feel like this world of sounds is passing me by because of my unwillingness,..sigh

Hi, I know I may be weird, but I never buy IR packs. What would change that instantly would be if it also had added presets using the irs. I think it really is a big step forward that “the best of” is now already selected. But like you make a demo for the ir’s, why not make a few patches with them increase the ease of use even more? I know what I can do myself, I just don’t like doing that. I hear a democand think “wauw”. But going out and figuringcout what amp was used, which settings.. nah. All I wanna do is tweak bass mid treb or drive on the amp to my liking..
I cannot be the only one here like this, right? I feel like this world of sounds is passing me by because of my unwillingness,..sigh
you make a valid point. i think if a preset used in any demo would be made available, that would be enough to get people (that don't want to go down the rabbit hole) started.

I think there´s no preset which will fit to your guitar, your way of playing and to the sound in your head.
Believing in presets of other people doesn´t help to get a better Axe-sound - my opinion and experience after many digital guitar years.

Last edited:
I think there´s no preset will fit to your guitar, your way of playing and to the sound in your hand.
Believing in presets of other people doesn´t help to get a better Axe-sound - my opinion and experience after many digital guitar years.

That is very true, but I’d like to start in the ballpark and not from scratch.

That is very true, but I’d like to start in the ballpark and not from scratch.
I get your point, and I try to make things as easy on the user as possible by having "Quick Play" folders to narrow down some choice IR's that you can use with any amp you like. This demo preset is very simple, and I only used the basic amp controls to dial in the tones for the guitar I was using. Just like you, I picked an amp, tweaked B,M,T, and Drive to my liking and that was it. I used the 65 Bassguy Normal for the cleans, and panned the Friedman BE C45 and Recto 1 Red for the dirty tones on this one just using the pre-made mic mixes in the pack. Nothing fancy. If you have great IR's and treat the Fractal like a real amp, it'll sound like a real amp.

And as @Hubi said, every preset sounds different in the hands of different players. I could even swap guitars with the same preset and it would sound entirely different, or raise/lower pickup and pole piece heights and the sound would change substantially. So users that are expecting an apples to apples experience will always be let down when they download a preset and it doesn't sound exactly like a recording they heard. Firmware updates will change the sound of presets as well. For instance, I included a demo preset in my Delux Verb Cab Pack using FW X.xx... After my pack released, there was a FW update and the Amps changed pretty significantly. I ended up having several people email me asking why their guitars didn't sound the same as my demo clip after the FW update. My answer is.... my IR's will always be accurate, and as Cliff has epiphanies and improves the Axe, my stuff will just sounds better and better (Thank you, Cliff).

All that to say, that's the reason I don't currently include presets in my packs. But as many users will tell you, you can just shoot me a message on here and I'll work with you on your specific needs, and even swap presets with you.

you make a valid point. i think if a preset used in any demo would be made available, that would be enough to get people (that don't want to go down the rabbit hole) started.
If someone grabs this pack and wants the preset with the specific IR's I used, I'm happy to send it and give tweaking tips.

I get your point, and I try to make things as easy on the user as possible by having "Quick Play" folders to narrow down some choice IR's that you can use with any amp you like. This demo preset is very simple, and I only used the basic amp controls to dial in the tones for the guitar I was using. Just like you, I picked an amp, tweaked B,M,T, and Drive to my liking and that was it. I used the 65 Bassguy Normal for the cleans, and panned the Friedman BE C45 and Recto 1 Red for the dirty tones on this one just using the pre-made mic mixes in the pack. Nothing fancy. If you have great IR's and treat the Fractal like a real amp, it'll sound like a real amp.

And as @Hubi said, every preset sounds different in the hands of different players. I could even swap guitars with the same preset and it would sound entirely different, or raise/lower pickup and pole piece heights and the sound would change substantially. So users that are expecting an apples to apples experience will always be let down when they download a preset and it doesn't sound exactly like a recording they heard. Firmware updates will change the sound of presets as well. For instance, I included a demo preset in my Delux Verb Cab Pack using FW X.xx... After my pack released, there was a FW update and the Amps changed pretty significantly. I ended up having several people email me asking why their guitars didn't sound the same as my demo clip after the FW update. My answer is.... my IR's will always be accurate, and as Cliff has epiphanies and improves the Axe, my stuff will just sounds better and better (Thank you, Cliff).

All that to say, that's the reason I don't currently include presets in my packs. But as many users will tell you, you can just shoot me a message on here and I'll work with you on your specific needs, and even swap presets with you.

Hi, you are right of course. No argument from me here. Thanks for your reply!

Well, damn. Now that makes 5 more York Audio packs I need to pick up. The Bipolar pack has remained one of my favorites since it came out, but I'm always tardy to the IR party despite loving every clip that gets shared using your IRs. Just gonna have to rip the bandaid off and buy 'em all before you have another pack that I'll undoubtedly add to my shortlist of "need to purchase" IRs.

Definitely need to check this one out when I get some free time, i love me a good orange cab
It’s pretty glorious with the 1987x. I’ve been loving that and the Plexi 2204 through this thing.

I bought it, but my order is stuck in processing...sigh.
Did everything go through? I found that once the Fractal store said the order was completed, I could download it from that page by clicking the arrow over the Cab Pack image and didn’t have to wait for the second email.

Nice track and IR's...be a shame if someone noodled all over it :D

I’ll always take your noodles, Leon.

Well, damn. Now that makes 5 more York Audio packs I need to pick up. The Bipolar pack has remained one of my favorites since it came out, but I'm always tardy to the IR party despite loving every clip that gets shared using your IRs. Just gonna have to rip the bandaid off and buy 'em all before you have another pack that I'll undoubtedly add to my shortlist of "need to purchase" IRs.
This one made me smile. Thanks man. It really means a lot. I put a ton of work into these packs, and I think they keep getting better and better. I’m proud of all of my “kids.” You’ll have to let me know if you pick up any of them and tell me what you think.

Looking forward to this. I’m a big fan of the Producer Mixes.
Thanks! I’m really happy with how the Producer Mixes turned out. I use those and the Speaker Blend mixes 99% of the time. They’re really diverse, and I made them using a wide variety of amp models, so you’ve got great options for any amp you throw at them.

Big winner to my ear.
Thanks, Brad. I know you own pretty much every Cab Pack ever made, so that means a lot. Out of curiosity, which ORNG IR’s are you liking the most?

Did everything go through? I found that once the Fractal store said the order was completed, I could download it from that page by clicking the arrow over the Cab Pack image and didn’t have to wait for the second email.

I tried downloading the cab pack for a couple hours last night, but it was stuck in pending. Then I went to bed. Two hours and 20 minutes later I got the second email with the download link, but I was asleep.

I’m looking forward to trying this cab pack this weekend!

Back
Top Bottom