Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.09 Public Beta

Performance Mode is great ... makes me wonder whether this could eventually morph into a Develop Mode where you can name, define, and call up different groups of 10 parameters (Amp Params, Drive Params, Reverb Params, Mixed Params, Perform 1 Parms, etc) . This would really be RAC12 like and would help when developing presets, especially when used in conjunction with the looper.

Performance Mode is great ... makes me wonder whether this could eventually morph into a Develop Mode where you can name, define, and call up different groups of 10 parameters (Amp Params, Drive Params, Reverb Params, Mixed Params, Perform 1 Parms, etc) . This would really be RAC12 like and would help when developing presets, especially when used in conjunction with the looper.

Easy, tiger. :)

TIP:

If you add Controllers > Tempo as the first control on the PERFORM screen, you'll always see the BPM of the preset when switching presets from your foot controller.

Did you miss the winking emoticon, or just haven’t had your coffee yet, because your taking an innocent joke pretty seriously....
TIP:

If you add Controllers > Tempo as the first control on the PERFORM screen, you'll always see the BPM of the preset when switching presets from your foot controller.

Hey Yek

can you use one knob to flip
Through Amp channels ABCD

I'm still completely happy with my II, but dang, it's getting harder and harder not to try to the new Kool Aid. As soon as the FC12 is available without a waitlist, I may have to take the plunge.

Been playing around with this and it's fantastic, but definitely want to add my voice to those asking for a way to set a global template with ability to override per preset. Having to do this preset by preset is a bitch.

Been playing around with this and it's fantastic, but definitely want to add my voice to those asking for a way to set a global template with ability to override per preset. Having to do this preset by preset is a bitch.

I think the per preset / global assignment option is definitely a good suggestion

The issue with per-preset and global options is what to do when saving/sharing a preset. If I have global assignments for 7-10 and I try to use your preset that overrides that, I've lost my global configuration.

I think for a per-preset/global mechanism to work smoothly, we would want to have something similar to what the FC does.

With the FC, this is addressed by the notion of having per-preset placeholders as well as per-preset overrides. Per-preset placeholders are basically non-invasive - IOW, they will not supersede any other footswitch, they only go where there is space available. Per-preset overrides are invasive, they supersede any existing function assigned to a footswitch. There is a global option to block per-preset overrides so your preset cannot mess with my FC layout.

For a harmony style lead patch, I have previously only used octaves because it was too much trouble to worry about being in key. Now adding the "key" parameter to the performance page, I can just do a quick adjustment at the start of a song, then blend in some 3rd and 5ths with the expression pedal. Loving this new feature, thanks Cliff!

Chris, you are a genius... you just do not accept what is conventional and just "works" and "does not need fixing". You have to try new things and share them with the world! Thank you and all the Fractal team for what you have done and keep on doing!

For the moment, this is my Perf Screen setup:

[Tempo] - [amp: Drive] - [amp:Bass] - [amp:Mid] - [amp:Treble]

[amp:Bright] - [amp:Master] - [amp:Level] - [cab:Lo Cut] - [cab:Hi Cut]

I'll probably replace Tempo with something else.

Back
Top Bottom