Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.09 Public Beta

what does the IR window feature accomplish? Does it sense how long the IR is and auto frame the dead space out so you don't have to trim IRs?

YeS!!!! Thank you! That's awesome. Let's see; gain, King of Tone Drive, delay mix, reverb time... oh my the possibilities are endless :)

Edit: just realized I never even updated to 5.08 lol!

Last edited:
Installed firmware and AxeEdit beta but can't add any controls to perform section using shift f1 - f10 (MacOs) - nothing shows up - any suggestions what I'm doing wrong?

Installed firmware and AxeEdit beta but can't add any controls to perform section using shift f1 - f10 (MacOs) - nothing shows up - any suggestions what I'm doing wrong?
are you actually pressing the F keys? by default they do things like screen brightness, volume, etc.

by default, you have to hold the Fn key to get the Function keys.

Same issue here as @sprint - no button combination is working. I did manage to mash a whole bunch of keys and two copies of a drive block's "Drive" knobs got added to my perform screen, but even using the Fn key, I can't reliably see any effect.

Where do you even find the section in Axe Edit III beta? I don't see any option for "perform parameters."

Same issue here as @sprint - no button combination is working. I did manage to mash a whole bunch of keys and two copies of a drive block's "Drive" knobs got added to my perform screen, but even using the Fn key, I can't reliably see any effect.

Where do you even find the section in Axe Edit III beta? I don't see any option for "perform parameters."
i believe there is no section at this time, according to the release notes.

Firmware 5.09 introduces the PERFORM tab found on the HOME screen of the Axe-Fx III. The PERFORM tab can be configured with up to 10 user-selected controls from any of the blocks found in the current preset (including CONTROLLERS and GLOBAL). Configuration of the PERFORM tab is done via Axe-Edit III. Allowable controls include rotary knobs, push-buttons, drop-downs, and toggle controls (e.g., on/off controls).

PERFORM controls are added via the editor from the block’s parameter view. The hotkeycombination SHIFT + F1 through F10 are used to place the selected parameter control in the desired location.

PERFORM controls are removed via the editor through the use of the hotkey combination SHIFT+COMMAND (MAC) or SHIFT+CTRL (Windows) and pressing one of the F1 through F10 keys.

Adding or removing a PERFORM control will change the EDIT state of the preset. These settings are stored per-preset.

Added USB Output Mapping to Setup > I/O > Audio. This allows routing USB channels 1,2 to Output 1 or Output 2 and channels 3,4 to Output 2 or Output 1.

Changed Cabinet, IR Player and Tone Match block IR windowing so that window length is proportional to IR length (rather than a constant window length).

Fixed Ring Mod block left/right slightly unbalanced.
FC: Further fix for startup timing issues.
FC: Fix Inc/Dec functions' upper limits defaulting to zero.
Fix learning of FC external pedals and switches in MIDI/Remote.
FC: Fix external switch polarity not showing correctly on the FC Controllers Remote page.

--
WOW

Boy Chris, I'm hoping you make a video of the new "PERFORM" feature, lol. I had to duck to make sure I didn't get hit by that one. o_Oo_O

Here’s a quick look at configuring the Perform tab for factory preset 124 - Delay Lead. This is killer. I can adjust gains, cab hi/low cut, and delay mix from one screen! It was super simple to setup. If you’re on a laptop, make sure you’re not in “fn” mode when you do this or you’ll just be changing your computer settings.

3541DED9-CBB8-4FDD-A9F1-77A913E533F3.jpeg

You're killin' me...I haven't even finished the manual yet. What have I gotten myself into :)

Thanks for this much asked for feature Cliff and Co.
Performance tab setup. On MacBook from Axe-Edit, select control to add then press Fn + Shift + F Key 1-10 to add a control. To remove a control press Command + Fn + Shift + F Key 1-10.
Now to figure out what to put there per song, decisions decisions.

The Performance screen is wonderful. Thank you @FractalAudio!

I quite like that the big knob doesn't change presets when on the Performance screen. It's kind of like that warning on preset change dialog setting, but nicer. I can leave the hardware on Performance mode and not accidentally knock myself to another preset and lose my changes before I had a chance to commit them.

Last edited:
Would be nice to have push to save preset on one or all of the 5 controller knobs on the front of the AFX3 when in performance tab. Make adjustment and push the knob in to save the preset.

Back
Top Bottom