Free Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ Amp Match Preset (ML Sound Lab)

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
So yes - I have a real Mark IIC+ from 1984 here at the studio and I've been posting a bunch of videos with it. This time I wanted to first of all make the Axe-Fx III sound just like the IIC+ but I also wanted to show you the detail that I put in the Amp Packs and give you a taste in the form of a preset. Here's the video:

You can listen to the comparison by skipping to 11:14 and you'll hear a long chord sustaining, palm mutes, metal rhythm playing and purr palm mute comparison between both the real IIC+ and the preset that I make in this video. I would normally get everything done within the amp block and even now I think I would've gotten closer by lowering the gain and boosting the presence up but for the sake of doing this quickly I think I got okay results.

Have fun and I'd love to hear some clips! In the video I'm using some of my new IR's but in the preset I added different stock ML IR's for you that are pretty awesome. In the Cab Block - A is USA Bulb, B is USA Djent and C is USA Trad for those more into the Petrucci sound.

Man is this preset fun to play with! Let me know how you like it. :)

Attachments

• ML 1984 IIC+.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 808
So yes - I have a real Mark IIC+ from 1984 here at the studio and I've been posting a bunch of videos with it. This time I wanted to first of all make the Axe-Fx III sound just like the IIC+ but I also wanted to show you the detail that I put in the Amp Packs and give you a taste in the form of a preset. Here's the video:

You can listen to the comparison by skipping to 11:14 and you'll hear a long chord sustaining, palm mutes, metal rhythm playing and purr palm mute comparison between both the real IIC+ and the preset that I make in this video. I would normally get everything done within the amp block and even now I think I would've gotten closer by lowering the gain and boosting the presence up but for the sake of doing this quickly I think I got okay results.

Have fun and I'd love to hear some clips! In the video I'm using some of my new IR's but in the preset I added different stock ML IR's for you that are pretty awesome. In the Cab Block - A is USA Bulb, B is USA Djent and C is USA Trad for those more into the Petrucci sound.

Man is this preset fun to play with! Let me know how you like it. :)

Thank You

Thanks guys! Have fun with the preset. :) A proper pack is on the way. This amp has a really good clean sound as well!

I used to own a MK IIC+ 1 x 12" combo .... Because of the small ( sometimes very small ) stages we used to play ( regrettably ) I only got to run it through a 4 x 12" a few times .... This sounds SO much like my memory of that it's almost scary !

And even though I can certainly appreciate his talent ..., I was after more of a 80's Hair Band tone - Lukather / Gillis ( etc; ) ....

Curious if you've tried tone matching to see if it absorbed the differences you noticed in comparison?
Tone matching is great but what I really want to do is do the tweaks inside the amp block because then essentially you will have realistic control over the amp settings and sort of a "new amp model" that you can tweak further realistically. A tone match will always be a snapshot of that one tone kind of like a Kemper Profile. That's cool as well and that's essentially what I do with the Artist Packs but matching amps is all about getting that sound as close as possible by tweaking the advanced parameters. :)

A tone match will always be a snapshot of that one tone kind of like a Kemper Profile.

I'm 100% with you. I was just curious if you had tried it and then compared your Axe adjusted version to the tone matched to see if there were negligible differences. An exercise in futility I know, but would be interesting at least one time none the less.

Back
Top Bottom