NGD - Gretsch

35716A2E-98DC-4560-A226-3DF7776D1275.jpeg
That's a very classy looking guitar! Bet it sounds even better than it looks!

It’s got a unique center block. Resonates like crazy. A pleasure to play unplugged. It doesn’t have that typical banjo type sound that I’ve experienced with some of the Hollowbody guitars. It’s got really great “tone”.
As far as looks go , it’s a bit - over the top , compared to most of my other guitars , BUT - I had to. Lol.
I foolishly stopped at my local music store and the owner just got a red transparent version of this guitar in , for himself. I should have never played it. I did not expect it to sound that good. I literally just put down a Chet Atkins orange Gretsch that was for sale - used , in the store. The owner said , come take a look at this one. BROADKASTER.
There’s a blue color and a deep red that you can get this guitar in too , that caught my eye , but , green with gold won me over.

I just played her for 40 minutes unplugged. It sounds that good acoustically.
This one caught me off guard. It was an unexpected purchase. After playing this model , I was hooked. Boy , the thought of a scratch in that “Cadillac Green” gives me the creeps. It’s almost too fancy. Maybe I should have looked for a “road worn” model and paid twice as much.

Looks awesome! I'm a huge fan of any guitar with a Bigsby and I'm prettty confident that it would be contributing to that amazing tone you are getting. Play it, love it and enjoy it!

You might find that changing the strings is a royal pain. I finally figured out an easy way to get the job done. I put the string on the Bigsby post and then pull it tight. I then use a capo to hold the string against the neck. This maintains enough tension to keep the string on the Bigsby post. Now with both of my hands free I can secure the string to the machine head. Easy peezy.

You might find that changing the strings is a royal pain. I finally figured out an easy way to get the job done. I put the string on the Bigsby post and then pull it tight. I then use a capo to hold the string against the neck. This maintains enough tension to keep the string on the Bigsby post. Now with both of my hands free I can secure the string to the machine head. Easy peezy.
That’s really a great idea I will definitely remember that one. :)

Back
Top Bottom