Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
A couple things I noticed from playing around with these:
  • The Skullcruster Hot Chords scene had both amps bypassed. I tried them both individually and thought the 'top' amp fit the Hot Chord description better, but I imagine this is a mistake.
  • The More Mark IV preset has a '*' but no single coil scenes, as far as I can tell.
I'm having a great time organizing these things. I'll replace the factory preset with one of yours, then get stuck playing it. So I've been making slow progress!

There has been some bypass weirdness going throughout. I did go through every single scene and amp and leveled. I think something else may by triggering it? Do you use other presets that have Control Switches by any chance?

I'll check on the "More Mark IV" when i get back. See my next post.

Okay guys -- I have (yet again) updated the Bank A download file. A few reasons why:

1. Forum member "@jma" made a great 3 page synopsis of all the scenes and presets in updated Bank A, which is now included - thank you jma!

2. The Green Cleans in the Cooper Petrucci preset where not leveled right -- too low, and this is for single coils - so added the * to indicate. Re-leveled the preset, this was my bad, not Coopers. Thanks again @ccroyalsenders!

3. I found a few Amp2's that had not gotten the CS2 amp boost or CS3 Fat switch assigned. Every amp preset has the boost assigned (except Bogner Ecstasy), but the others can vary - sometimes I have 4 channels with one having Fat turned on, or brite turned off -- so no CS switches for those presets/amps....

and "the biggie"...

I got an email from someone using another (good) commercial preset. Everytime he loaded that preset then went to one of mine, the Control switches would be on! Weird.

So we investigated. As you may know, in the CONTROLLERS page, there is a menu for CS per Scene. It lists all six controllers and the 8 scenes they could be used in. A setting lets you turn them ON or OFF across the grid.

The plot thickens. In Axe-Edit III, when I looked at this in the presets, it showed them all ON or OFF. But there is a third choice -- LAST. That never showed up in Axe-Edit for me, but in fact it DID show up on the hardware. Axe-Edit III I believe, went it polled the hardware, did not register the values were LAST -- and so I was fooled into thinking they were off (unless you activate via FC12). So THAT caused some weirdness for a handful of people.

So tonight, I went through and manually switched every Bank A preset's "CS per Scenes" value to OFF. So this should not be a problem anymore, for the few that encountered it (fingers crossed).

So my advice is to go back and re-download the v5.07 Bank A presets and re-load into your Axe-Fx III, if you already loaded some prior to midnight Texas-time on May 14, 2019.

You won't notice a difference in sounds (except for the fixes above) -- but this will ensure we stop any weirdness globally across presets due to my using four CS switches for amp control that could be activated by another preset's use of the same CS switch for something else -- if set to LAST, it can carry over globally as ON when it should be off.

Oh -- if you haven't yet seen Brett Kingman's new demo of the Updated Bank A on YouTube or Facebook, check it out below! Thank you Brett!

Thank you so much Austin!! I cannot wait to try these out!

The plot thickens. In Axe-Edit III, when I looked at this in the presets, it showed them all ON or OFF. But there is a third choice -- LAST. That never showed up in Axe-Edit for me, but in fact it DID show up on the hardware. Axe-Edit III I believe, went it polled the hardware, did not register the values were LAST -- and so I was fooled into thinking they were off (unless you activate via FC12). So THAT caused some weirdness for a handful of people.

I'm so glad you mentioned this, I had the same thing happen to me where most of the presets had everything switched on causing mucho gain. I ended up switch all control switches off but then I wasn't sure if some were meant to be on or not. I thought it was something I had inadvertently done on my side and hadn't been able to work it out since.

Thanks again for your amazing effort to update so many presets!

There has been some bypass weirdness going throughout. I did go through every single scene and amp and leveled. I think something else may by triggering it? Do you use other presets that have Control Switches by any chance?

I'll check on the "More Mark IV" when i get back. See my next post.

I don't have any external switches (waiting for a FC12) , but I have a couple expression pedals. I'm going to update all the presets over the next few evenings so I'll let you know if it is still an issue. There is a very good chance I did something goofy.

Thanks for the amazing presets.

@austinbuddy The update sounds great!

Were the Marshall JMP preamp and Mesa TriAxis presets moved to the upcoming Bank B?

Also, I noticed some available scenes in the second Mesa Mark IV preset. You could probably put some USA Rhythm sounds there if you feel up to it. I think it's an overlooked channel of the Mark IV for low to mid gain sounds.

@austinbuddy The update sounds great!

Were the Marshall JMP preamp and Mesa TriAxis presets moved to the upcoming Bank B?

Also, I noticed some available scenes in the second Mesa Mark IV preset. You could probably put some USA Rhythm sounds there if you feel up to it. I think it's an overlooked channel of the Mark IV for low to mid gain sounds.
Yes - there is a PreAmp group in Bank B and Triaxis will be in there.

Okay guys -- I have (yet again) updated the Bank A download file. A few reasons why:

1. Forum member "@jma" made a great 3 page synopsis of all the scenes and presets in updated Bank A, which is now included - thank you jma!

2. The Green Cleans in the Cooper Petrucci preset where not leveled right -- too low, and this is for single coils - so added the * to indicate. Re-leveled the preset, this was my bad, not Coopers. Thanks again @ccroyalsenders!

3. I found a few Amp2's that had not gotten the CS2 amp boost or CS3 Fat switch assigned. Every amp preset has the boost assigned (except Bogner Ecstasy), but the others can vary - sometimes I have 4 channels with one having Fat turned on, or brite turned off -- so no CS switches for those presets/amps....

and "the biggie"...

I got an email from someone using another (good) commercial preset. Everytime he loaded that preset then went to one of mine, the Control switches would be on! Weird.

So we investigated. As you may know, in the CONTROLLERS page, there is a menu for CS per Scene. It lists all six controllers and the 8 scenes they could be used in. A setting lets you turn them ON or OFF across the grid.

So tonight, I went through and manually switched every Bank A preset's "CS per Scenes" value to OFF. So this should not be a problem anymore, for the few that encountered it (fingers crossed).

So my advice is to go back and re-download the v5.07 Bank A presets and re-load into your Axe-Fx III, if you already loaded some prior to midnight Texas-time on May 14, 2019.

You won't notice a difference in sounds (except for the fixes above) -- but this will ensure we stop any weirdness globally across presets due to my using four CS switches for amp control that could be activated by another preset's use of the same CS switch for something else -- if set to LAST, it can carry over globally as ON when it should be off.

Oh -- if you haven't yet seen Brett Kingman's new demo of the Updated Bank A on YouTube or Facebook, check it out below! Thank you Brett!

FYI I get an error when unzipping the latest file - see the attached image. If I continue I still seem to be able to unzip and have sent the file to the Axe Fx III using Fractal Bot - but I've never seen this error before. I'll update if there are further issues.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    12.4 KB · Views: 21
FYI I get an error when unzipping the latest file - see the attached image. If I continue I still seem to be able to unzip and have sent the file to the Axe Fx III using Fractal Bot - but I've never seen this error before. I'll update if there are further issues.
I'm going to guess that you're running Windows, and you're unzipping several levels deep into the folder structure.

Windows puts a limit on path length. Path length is the length of the filename plus all the names of all the folders in the path. If you exceed that limit, Windows gets weird.

Try unzipping one or two levels down from the root directory. There's a good chance that this error won't occur.

Got the same error helping a friend on windows - thought it might be that. I actually just unzipped it on his mac and sent back over to his PC. :)

I'm going to guess that you're running Windows, and you're unzipping several levels deep into the folder structure.

Windows puts a limit on path length. Path length is the length of the filename plus all the names of all the folders in the path. If you exceed that limit, Windows gets weird.

Try unzipping one or two levels down from the root directory. There's a good chance that this error won't occur.

Got the same error helping a friend on windows - thought it might be that. I actually just unzipped it on his mac and sent back over to his PC. :)

Thanks guys - I don't think I was that deep in the folder structure, but that's quite possibly the problem. I'll give it another hack tonight - or fallback to the Mac.

Cheers!

Rex is right. Sometimes my file names are too long for windows, because I try to make them very accurate with info the the name conveys... ;)

Thank you so much Austin!! I cannot wait to try these out!

I'm so glad you mentioned this, I had the same thing happen to me where most of the presets had everything switched on causing mucho gain. I ended up switch all control switches off but then I wasn't sure if some were meant to be on or not. I thought it was something I had inadvertently done on my side and hadn't been able to work it out since.

So, for any of you who already started using before the most recent iteration came out, ands you have preset you tweaked, here is what you do to fix the issue.

One the preset you tweaked you want to keep, got to CONTROLLERS.

Then click on the CONTROLLERS SubPage that says "CS per Scene" (or something like that, I am away from my hardware).

You will see a grid of 6 CS switches by 8 scenes. There will be values shown in it. the values can be ON, OFF or LAST.

On the bottom right, there are some choices "All ON" "All OFF" - just click "All OFF:" and then SAVE the preset. That will fix the issue by preset. You would have to do this for all your presets -- but I did it for you in the latest Bank A update.

(The problem was, Axe-Edit III was showing "ON" as the value -- when the hardware was actually LAST. That has been fixed in latest Axe-Edit).

There are also a few Amp2s I missed connecting the Cs switches too I fixed...

Last, somebody mentioned a loud spike for one preset and that the Amp Bypass was set to THRU on a preset they ran across. I had some funny things happen during all the programming. But I can assure you I listened to every single scene and fixed the Amps to MUTE if a two-amp block preset.

But if for some reason (you will hear it - it goes loud with clean guitar coming through on preset) an Amp1 or Amp2 BYPASS has a THRU value instead of MUTE value, just go to the lower right corner BYPASS and change the value from THRU to MUTE and save the preset -- that fixes it.

A couple things I noticed from playing around with these:
  • The Skullcruster Hot Chords scene had both amps bypassed. I tried them both individually and thought the 'top' amp fit the Hot Chord description better, but I imagine this is a mistake.
  • The More Mark IV preset has a '*' but no single coil scenes, as far as I can tell.
I'm having a great time organizing these things. I'll replace the factory preset with one of yours, then get stuck playing it. So I've been making slow progress!

Hey Rusty: on Skull Crusher, if the scene between 1 to 4, then its Amp1 block that should be on for that sound. Thanks for letting me know, will try to fix for later. I'll also check the Mark IV preset.

I got my pack today, don´t how did I made until today without it ... a couple of hours trying presets and scenes, wow impressive work, everything sounds right on the spot, loved the Marshalls and Modern stuff particularly, missed the Soldanos on the update, guess will come by July.

To me this is a great tool to stop wasting time searching for the right base tones, I have them all now :)

Back
Top Bottom