Midlife Crisis Car

Midlife Crisis Car:

• Total voters
I'm with the M3. If you don't need a lot of range, the Tesla is probably faster (electric cars haul) but somehow it's not as fun without an internal combustion engine.

AMG E63 all the way Baby! All the fun you could ever want (particularly in Manual with TC off), only downside is you'll be on first name basis with your local tire dealer though. Great at track days, but plenty roomy and comfortable enough to take the family to dinner. Even the wife will love it.

You'll have to do your research, but there are some nice 16's out there just don't get any near a coast. If you could wait just little , the 18's should start to slide out of the stratosphere pretty soon... and they are just ridiculous.

I imagine you'll see a lot of C7's on the market as the C8's start rolling in July... you know those dudes dying to trade into a mid engine.

edit: Just noticed your in Detroit....better go with the Vette then and keep it safe.

Last edited:
I have an R8. Don’t recommend it as a “fun” car. Yes it’s extremely fast but ingress and egress is difficult, the ride is very firm and the costs are very high (an oil change is $500). Also, everywhere you go some punk in a Subaru WRX wants to race you. I prefer my Porsche Cayenne GTS. It's fast, comfortable and a "wolf in sheep's clothing". It's always fun blowing away the kids with their buzz-bomb mufflers.

Corvettes just scream "mid-life crisis". When I think of a new Corvette I think of some guy who just got divorced and wearing a gold chain over his pot belly.

I think the Camaro actually looks better but all GMs have crappy interiors and poor handling. German cars are better but more expensive.

I have an R8. Don’t recommend it as a “fun” car. Yes it’s extremely fast but ingress and egress is difficult, the ride is very firm and the costs are very high (an oil change is $500). Also, everywhere you go some punk in a Subaru WRX wants to race you. I prefer my Porsche Cayenne GTS. It's fast, comfortable and a "wolf in sheep's clothing". It's always fun blowing away the kids with their buzz-bomb mufflers.

Corvettes just scream "mid-life crisis". When I think of a new Corvette I think of some guy who just got divorced and wearing a gold chain over his pot belly.

I think the Camaro actually looks better but all GMs have crappy interiors and poor handling. German cars are better but more expensive.

The ingress/egress hassle was the main reason I got rid of my S5 Cabriolet, and got a John Cooper Mini convertible, also a fooler when it comes to torque....And yup, even my e-Hybrid Cayenne is almost as fast as the GTS off the mark. ...
the Tesla is pretty badass tho........

Bought one of these in 2011, on my 46th birthday. Rear wheel drive, turbo. Fast and fun to drive.

A pic from the day I brought it home, which was my actual birthday. The car was my 1/3-life crisis. The other was taking my first guitar lesson, 14 years ago at the age of 41! :)

IMG_0004.JPG

Last edited:
Dont sleep on a nissan 370zx or what I bo
Midlife Crisis Car

ught and amazing bang for buck, higher end interior etc, with same engine a pre 2015 infinity g37 mine :
images

Back
Top Bottom