PRS S2 Cu24 vs Music Man JP6

Carpercen

Inspired
Hi friends.

I found a used 2008 music Man JP6, I'm really good state. Selling price 1,400 usd, and maybe I'll be able to sell my prs s2 for 1,250 so I would only invest 150 to buy the JP6.

I just wanted to know... Am I doing the right thing? I'm making the right choice selling my PRS S2 for a JP6? Or should I keep my guitar?

Would like to read what you guys think.

Thanks!

I've never played an S2, but my JP6 is one of the best guitars I've ever played. Is it the fully loaded version with piezo pickups and matching headstock?

I've never played an S2, but my JP6 is one of the best guitars I've ever played. Is it the fully loaded version with piezo pickups and matching headstock?

It's 2008, Sapphire black, headstock is also black. With piezo. I could post the serial number if you want.

Thanks

My JP6 is one of my all time favorites, and usually the one I reach for. Everything about it is top quality. I have one of the newer ones with SS frets, and the newer trem, piezos, Mystic Dream.

PRS and me don't mix well I guess. Nothing against the quality. I have a 30th Anniversary SE Custom 24 with a floyd, and even that guitar is built really nice. Zero issues. I just don't really like playing it. I've had in on Craigslist for a while, and I can't get anyone to buy it. My MiM strat for roughly the same price had a bunch of offers....

Last edited:
Have you tried a JP as the neck profile is different?
To be honest, my s2 is the highest quality guitar I've tried. I like the neck and I don't think jp6 is not going to be as good as my S2. Also I have a set of juggernauts to put into the JP6.

I'd be amazed if you could get that much for a used S2. Probably closer to $1000 tops. Which S2 is it?
S2 custom 24, 30th anniversary
The price is a direct conversion of the price here in Mexico.
For example, a new S2 is 1,400 USD, that's 28k pesos here, but buying one in here it's more expensive. A new s2 in Mexico costs 34k pesos, that would be 1,700 USD. 300 more than buying one in usa. So I'm selling mine in 25k Mexican pesoso or 1,250 usd

S2 custom 24, 30th anniversary
The price is a direct conversion of the price here in Mexico.
For example, a new S2 is 1,400 USD, that's 28k pesos here, but buying one in here it's more expensive. A new s2 in Mexico costs 34k pesos, that would be 1,700 USD. 300 more than buying one in usa. So I'm selling mine in 25k Mexican pesoso or 1,250 usd
Gotcha :)

I’m a mainly PRS guy for gigging, playing 513s for years now, but if I had an S2 version and could swap it for a JP6 I’d do it in a heartbeat just to check it out. I’ve owned several EBMM guitars, and never had a bad one.

At that price you can always get your money back out of it.

have a 30th Anniversary SE Custom 24 with a floyd, and even that guitar is built really nice. Zero issues. I just don't really like playing it. I've had in on Craigslist for a while, and I can't get anyone to buy it.
Did you post it here are or you only doing local sale?

I wouldn't because I personally find JP EBMM necks too narrow to be comfortable.

If you take the money out of it, which guitar do you prefer? Own that one.

Did you post it here are or you only doing local sale?

I didn't think to post here. I didn't think anyone would want to pay to ship a cheap guitar. Definitely not in demand around here though.

I do have someone wanting to trade for a nice MIJ Jackson, so I might go ahead and do that.

That's for you to answer. Have you played both guitars? Will you actually use the piezo on the JP6?

The BKP's can go into any guitar with humbuckers, you can put them into the S2.

They are already on my S2.

I've never played a jp6. I like my S2 neck but I feel a bit uncomfortable with 25" scale. Although .5"inches isn't that much, I feel more comfortable playing 25.5" scale.

I contacted bkp asking about the pups. They told me this:
"The mounting feet need to be made into a triangular shape - you can use heavy-duty snips, and then file-off any sharp edges.
There is a chance you need to modify the cavity depth to fit the bridge pickup. This means carve some wood from the hole. But you may not need to do this."

Has someone experience with this?
My bkp are covered, they also told me bridge Jugg is taller than normal pups and that's why "maybe" I'll have to carve the guitar to make it rest normal.

Back
Top Bottom