So... I've decided upon the Axe-Fx (+ noob question)

Greetings to all in the Fractal Universe!

I'm new here. I signed up to this forum a little while ago but never posted anything as I do not have a Fractal product yet.

It's time for new gear. (GAS: please go away!)

I've spent the last year or so caught in this endless loop: "I want new amps and pedals! Wait, I should get an Axe-Fx... no, no wait, I want amps and pedals..." and on and on.

I think the main reason the Fractal unit won this internal debate (other than how awesome it sounds) is the ability to control Scenes. I need to be able to engage/disengage multiple effects with as few movements as possible. I believe the Axe-Fx is the best choice for this.

Anyway, that's enough of me flapping my keyboard. Here is my question (yes, I'm that amateur):

In a few weeks I am going to purchase an Axe-Fx and the FC-12 and I have decided on the Atomic CLR for my monitor.

My question is (for those who made it this far): can I play my guitar and sing through the same CLR? Or is the wedge for the guitar only?

On a final note I just wanted to say that I have read so many of the posts on this forum over the last year and want to thank everybody for all that I have learned here. And I have a feeling that I have so much more to learn.

C

can I play my guitar and sing through the same CLR? Or is the wedge for the guitar only?
it's a powered full-range speaker, so it can be used for any kind of signal: vocals, drums, bass, guitar, etc.

it's already powered, so you would never send the Speaker Output of a guitar amp to its input. you want Line Level devices and signals from the Axe-Fx or a PA mixer or something like that, never speaker outputs.

it's a powered full-range speaker, so it can be used for any kind of signal: vocals, drums, bass, guitar, etc.

it's already powered, so you would never send the Speaker Output of a guitar amp to its input. you want Line Level devices and signals from the Axe-Fx or a PA mixer or something like that, never speaker outputs.

Gotcha, thanks a lot.

Regarding GAS, the Axe FX cured all guitar gear GAS for me, in fact I sold everything else. More room for guitars that way ;)

I'm so glad to read this! Those pedal manufacturers really know how to lure us in, eh? I can't believe how many of them there are now. It wasn't like this 20 years ago. Damn, I think even Walmart sells boutique electric guitar pedals now lol

I was too lazy to sell off my old stuff, but also started to collect even more guitars....bad illness. Still wondering what my main hobby is actually: playing guitar or collecting gear?

I was beginning to wonder that myself. Just remember: scale and chords NOT amps and pedals, scales and chords NOT amps and pedals... That's my new anti-GAS mantra.

Greetings to all in the Fractal Universe!

I'm new here. I signed up to this forum a little while ago but never posted anything as I do not have a Fractal product yet.

It's time for new gear. (GAS: please go away!)

I've spent the last year or so caught in this endless loop: "I want new amps and pedals! Wait, I should get an Axe-Fx... no, no wait, I want amps and pedals..." and on and on.

I think the main reason the Fractal unit won this internal debate (other than how awesome it sounds) is the ability to control Scenes. I need to be able to engage/disengage multiple effects with as few movements as possible. I believe the Axe-Fx is the best choice for this.

Anyway, that's enough of me flapping my keyboard. Here is my question (yes, I'm that amateur):

In a few weeks I am going to purchase an Axe-Fx and the FC-12 and I have decided on the Atomic CLR for my monitor.

My question is (for those who made it this far): can I play my guitar and sing through the same CLR? Or is the wedge for the guitar only?

On a final note I just wanted to say that I have read so many of the posts on this forum over the last year and want to thank everybody for all that I have learned here. And I have a feeling that I have so much more to learn.

C
Congrats and welcome to the rabbit hole! Owning any Fractal product is a game changing experience but owning an Ax FX III is truly an adventurous journey in tone. There’s so much you can do, it’s mind blowing. Hang out on the Forum a lot and you will learn a bunch. Enjoy.

GAS KILLER ...

For me no pedals or other rack units (and I’ve owned racks and racks). Some will put a fuzz prior to the chain, and some place favorite pedals in the loop.

However I have no desire at this time to do such because all I need is in the magic black box.

Congratulations!

I got my Axe III in February, and although it hasn't replaced all of my pedals, it has replaced all of my amps. It's totally changed the way I use pedals, though. Instead of using different fuzzes, drives and EQs to achieve different amp tones, I can use different models - and most importantly, I can get all of those sounds at reasonable volumes.

Be sure to jump on the waiting list for the FC-12 today. As of this writing, they're now shipping FC-12s ordered at the end of July 2018.

Nice thing about the CLR is two inputs with separate volume controls. So you can run one channel from the Axe Fx and one for your vocal. It’s a great monitor.

Back
Top Bottom