Rack panel with Axe-Fx 3?

Does anyone make these panels where you just have covered blanks for the cutouts, and then can pick your own selection of modules / change them up later?

Just make sure the unit you are looking at has the racks at the front and back, not all of them do, but it's nothing a rivet gun and drill can't usually fix...

I also have my ii mounted front and wireless and backup unit etc at the back. I use an A/B switch to switch to the backup unit

Does anyone make these panels where you just have covered blanks for the cutouts, and then can pick your own selection of modules / change them up later?

It’s pretty easy to cut out holes on a solid or vented panel if you just buy the rack filler kind. On things like my front panel where I just wanted two jacks I did this, worked great with a Dremel and super cheap

I did the same, with a dremel too!

Careful though, I almost took my finger off with one of those things once! Lol!!

Any idea on how long they take to respond? I sent them an email a week ago regarding a panel and haven't heard back.

I see Redco does panels. Anyone have any experience with them?

I have used BTPA for some things and Redco for others. Both have been great vendors to deal with! I recently ordered a new 12 punched panel as I am updating my setup a bit so I can run in stereo with my FRFRs. I do all of my own work so it is all parts that I order when needed.

Any suggestions on a specific 3u or 4u rack case? Ideally a shallow one that minimizes wasted space.

I'd be lugging it myself, so fancy shock mounted cases aren't required.

Another rack newbie thinking about going for the III.

Would sticking the FxIII in a plain old 3u rack case provide sufficient cooling? I never use a wireless and just want to keep things small and simple as possible.
It’ll be fine. It’s designed to be racked and doesn’t require special ventilation.

It’ll be fine. It’s designed to be racked and doesn’t require special ventilation.
That's good. I was just not-so-fondly remembering some old school tube power amps that could get grumpy and overly hot without empty rack spaces around them.

That's good. I was just not-so-fondly remembering some old school tube power amps that could get grumpy and overly hot without empty rack spaces around them.
Oh yeah, I also have had that experience. It’s electronic, and black, so reasonable care should be taken if you’re playing outside in mid-summer, etc. That said, I’ve gigged mine in Texas summer heat and humidity without issue so it’s definitely built for pro touring conditions.

Back
Top Bottom