Axe-Fx III Got Here Today!

CBoothe01

Not really a review but about 6 months ago I sold my Axe II and most of my guitars and other gear for several reasons. I had just retired after 28 years in the Air Force and was just starting work on a second Bachelors degree in software engineering and wanted to concentrate on that. (Math sucks...) I was also trying to get my youngest through her last year at Penn State and needed a bit of money, and finally had a move coming up as well.

I knew the Axe III was out so I promised myself I would upgrade as soon as things were stable for me.

Well I was able to order last week and it got here today. Right after I ordered I saw Fractal had posted a video about Def Leppard switching to the Axe III and I felt a little silly ordering. I am just a bedroom hack who records into Pro Tools.

But after spending a couple hours with it I can say it was well worth the wait. I can't say anything that others have not already said. And I am certainly not Def Leppard worthy or probably worthy of most of the players in this forum.

But this piece of gear is the best thing that could have ever happened to my guitar playing and I just wanted to tell Fractal it is worth every penny!

Welcome back to the Fractal family. There is nothing wrong with wanting and/or owning the best regardless of what level you play at. If it fits in the budget, why not?

And thank you for your 28 years of service. I wish you well in your retirement and other adventures.

Thank you for your service to our country! And thanks goodness we don’t have to be rock stars to own the same equipment they use! I’m glad you’re enjoying your new Axe Fx, and congrats on getting the daughter through college too!

Thanks for the replies guys. In hindsight I hope this post didn't sound like I was whining when I sold the Axe II. I made a calculated decision knowing the III was coming out.

And thanks for the compliments on my 28 years-it flew by!

And Admin M@- yeah I know. If I could somehow go back and do an hours played versus the cost of this machine analysis I have by far gotten more than my money's worth.

I’m new to fractal altogether, and just got mine, and I think it’s the greatest electric guitar gear I’ve ever heard or seen. I’m so impressed that I feel almost like I’m doing free advertising for FAS, which is fine with me if they keep development of the axe 3 On this level lol

Congrats , enjoy

Not really a review but about 6 months ago I sold my Axe II and most of my guitars and other gear for several reasons. I had just retired after 28 years in the Air Force and was just starting work on a second Bachelors degree in software engineering and wanted to concentrate on that. (Math sucks...) I was also trying to get my youngest through her last year at Penn State and needed a bit of money, and finally had a move coming up as well.

I knew the Axe III was out so I promised myself I would upgrade as soon as things were stable for me.

Well I was able to order last week and it got here today. Right after I ordered I saw Fractal had posted a video about Def Leppard switching to the Axe III and I felt a little silly ordering. I am just a bedroom hack who records into Pro Tools.

But after spending a couple hours with it I can say it was well worth the wait. I can't say anything that others have not already said. And I am certainly not Def Leppard worthy or probably worthy of most of the players in this forum.

But this piece of gear is the best thing that could have ever happened to my guitar playing and I just wanted to tell Fractal it is worth every penny!
I hope I don't embarrass anyone by saying this, but this guy, and every other serviceman around the World fighting for democracy, is a credit to the World. Thank you for everything you have done, not just for the USA, but for the World

I feel we don't reward our soldiers enough and I feel that every company around the World should discount our soldiers. I'm not trying put Fractal in an embarrassing position, nor any other company, but considering a lot of software companies offer student discounts, surely we can offer ex service personel discounts for anything?? I believe in the UK soldiers get VAT waived if they purchase a car (soldiers serving abroad).
For example perhaps the USA and UK Governments could waive TAX for service personel, so they would not have to pay so much??

Apologies if I have embarrassed anyone, it certainly is not my intention, but we live in a relatively safe world thanks to our Soldiers and I feel very strong that we should reward these guys. Any activists out there with ideas???

I hope I don't embarrass anyone by saying this, but this guy, and every other serviceman around the World fighting for democracy, is a credit to the World. Thank you for everything you have done, not just for the USA, but for the World

I feel we don't reward our soldiers enough and I feel that every company around the World should discount our soldiers. I'm not trying put Fractal in an embarrassing position, nor any other company, but considering a lot of software companies offer student discounts, surely we can offer ex service personel discounts for anything?? I believe in the UK soldiers get VAT waived if they purchase a car (soldiers serving abroad).
For example perhaps the USA and UK Governments could waive TAX for service personel, so they would not have to pay so much??

Apologies if I have embarrassed anyone, it certainly is not my intention, but we live in a relatively safe world thanks to our Soldiers and I feel very strong that we should reward these guys. Any activists out there with ideas???

You could start a foundation. Or a crowd sourced funding site. I support a lot of things incl. St. Jude’s and those down range in DoD/Navspecwarcom.

Take charge! :)

While I certainly appreciate the sentiment, I very humbly would say no discount required for me. I was a KC-135/T-38/T-37 Instructor pilot with the best job in the world. And while I do have "combat" time (several hundred hours) 95% of it was in pretty secure airspace offloading fuel. With the exception of more than a couple hand fulls of "Oh SH#T" moments all my time was pretty benign.

The real heroes are guys getting shot at daily, slogging through sand, mud and rain wearing 60 pound rucks wondering when their next "real" meal will be. Don't get me wrong, I am very appreciative of the thought. I just personally don't feel worthy compared to many more of my brothers and sisters in arms.

Happy new amplifier day. Like the fractal website ad/snippets say, "with the axe 3 your options are unlimited"
you can do anything with this machine to make any sounds possible with the electric guitar, so its all up to you

ENJOY IT! its my favorite and now only piece of Guitar pro audio equipment I have or need (unless they come out with an axe 4 in less than 10 years, I think im set!!!!!)

it can be the one and only audio you need for your guitar!! ITS INCREDIBLE!!

Happy new amplifier day. Like the fractal website ad/snippets say, "with the axe 3 your options are unlimited"
you can do anything with this machine to make any sounds possible with the electric guitar, so its all up to you

ENJOY IT! its my favorite and now only piece of Guitar pro audio equipment I have or need (unless they come out with an axe 4 in less than 10 years, I think im set!!!!!)

it can be the one and only audio you need for your guitar!! ITS INCREDIBLE!!
Congratulations on your new axe Fx III it’s just plane awesome!
You’ll lose track of time if your like me, I just love mine and the Fc12 is just more awesome sauce enjoy :eek::)

I want to get a foot controller
Did you buy it at the same time or did you wait before to try or check options after

I just don’t really know what feature I need or want to get out of it when they are basic to advanced ,pricey to cheap(er)

2A06E6BB-B5DE-4D4B-8144-CA8130046030.jpeg
Did you buy it at the same time or did you wait before to try or check options after

I just don’t really know what feature I need or want to get out of it when they are basic to advanced ,pricey to cheap(er)
I just was able to get my Fc12 set up today it was very easy to set up and it will be perfect for my needs. I can’t say enough good things about it and I still have a lot to learn.
And will work on the rest of the programming just didn’t have enough time today. The possibilities are endless. It is worth every penny for this jewel ;):D:)

I think you really want to have some idea of what you want to control before making a purchase.

Do you gig?

What is/was your pre- Axe Fx rig? What kind of things did you switch with that? What did you like and dislike about the way that worked?

The thing is, after you start learning what is possible, you may completely change your concept of what a "good" rig or approach is...

Easiest to setup, integrate and just use is going to be an FC-6 or FC-12...

Back
Top Bottom