FC Features Notes for Firmware 5.07

Without the mini lcd, it can be very easy to forget what function they have.
That's true, it would be a responsibilty of the user to not abuse that function.
But for something like my example it could be very handy actually, at least for FC6 and (probably) FM3 users.

Yes, but I would like the option to not have it saved when I use the vol increment or decrement please. :)

Now I understand you, but I don't know why you wouldn't just use a volume pedal with limited range.

Now I understand you, but I don't know why you wouldn't just use a volume pedal with limited range.
As others have pointed too in the wish list thread....I’ve never been comfortable with using volume pedals...the seesaw balancing back and forth and accuracy for the precise level is tough

The increment/decrement feature does it for me every time and is comfortably precise

As others have pointed too in the wish list thread....I’ve never been comfortable with using volume pedals...the seesaw balancing back and forth and accuracy for the precise level is tough

The increment/decrement feature does it for me every time and is comfortably precise
i can't see using inc/dec for quick, non-saved changes. that's where a pedal seems to make more sense. i spend time tapping, thinking, tapping again, thinking, then seeing it works. and by then the moment is over and i change scenes and it's gone? i don't get it.

Different strokes for different folks. I got vol pedals ....never was comfortable and never used them on stage, and I been playing for over 40 years....

The increments work great for me....1 or 2 quick taps gets me there without having to think... and is more precise imho ...no brainer.

I don't want it saved because the level is perfect as is for situations....a tad lower or higher for the other situations without having to go another scene or preset.

Had to test this out to make sure I understood (Using an FC-12). For anyone wondering about 'stashing' switches, here is an example using the master layout.

As you can see by default, switches 9-12 are not configured for anything. The rest are to select layouts:

View attachment 54679

Now, I will assign some utility type functions for both tap and hold to the 4 available switches. In this case, I have the following:
SW9: Tap Tempo / Tuner
SW10: Scene +1 / Scene -1
SW11: Preset +1 / Preset -1
SW12: SCENES / EFFECTS
View attachment 54680

Now on the Axe-Fx, I can assign the FC Switches 1-4 to switches 9-12 on the MasterLayout. Now the 4 external switches function just as they would as using a switch on the FC itself.
FC External SW 1 = FC Switch 9
FC External SW 2 = FC Switch 10
FC External SW 3 = FC Switch 11
FC External SW 4 = FC Switch 12
View attachment 54681
What are you using on switch 4. Channels?

I'm just now exploring adding switches, on FC 12 if I assign an external switch to replace one of the current switches does it free that switch to be used for another function? Haven't found that to work yet. It looks to be for adding switching capability to an FC 6.

I'm just now exploring adding switches, on FC 12 if I assign an external switch to replace one of the current switches does it free that switch to be used for another function? Haven't found that to work yet. It looks to be for adding switching capability to an FC 6.

External switches can be used in several ways:
  • Externals - you can assign FC#2 Sw#3 to External #7 so any modifier attached to External #7 will be controlled by FC#2 Sw#3
  • MIDI/Remote functions - you can assign FC switches to pretty much anything that can be mapped to a MIDI CC
  • Stand-in Switches - this maps any switch from any FC layout to the specified external switch. So it does not free up a switch on an FC12 per se. But it allows you to define a global switch because it works regardless of what layout you are on. Personally, I have no need for all the layouts so I use Layout 8 for a few Stand-in switches - I have one switch for tap tempo/tuner so it's available without adding it to any layout and another switch for the MLM so I don't have to do the multi-button tap dance.

If you’re taking about stand in switches specifically, the external stand in basically mimics a switch from some layout. So it doesn’t free up that switch. But as mentioned in the thread, there are blank switch locations in the MLM that you can use.

Thanks for your patients with me on this, but what is the difference between between Firmware 5.07 and Firmware 1.10. Both are pinned. My FC-12 came with 1.10 and the posting of it has a more current date (Jan 2020) as opposed to 5.07 (May 2019). I'm confused. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your patients with me on this, but what is the difference between between Firmware 5.07 and Firmware 1.10. Both are pinned. My FC-12 came with 1.10 and the posting of it has a more current date (Jan 2020) as opposed to 5.07 (May 2019). I'm confused. Thanks in advance.
5.07 is the Axe-Fx 3 firmware at that time. This is explained in the first post of this thread.

Back
Top Bottom