Why would anyone sell their Axe-Fx 3 if it's so great?

A couple of things I've learned in 20+ years of gear hunting:
  • It's better to just spend the money and buy the best you can afford.
  • There's no sense trying to "justify" what you're buying. Everything at some point can be considered indulgence or overkill.
  • If what you are able to afford at the moment isn't enough to get what you want, continue using what you have and save until you can. In the long run you're going to spend 2-4 times more "settling" for things rather than just being patient and saving.

Good enough eventually leads to not enough.
Forwarded to my wife ^^

But wise learnings btw

This is getting quite philosophical:).

But if we really want to look deep into the root of why would anyone buy or sell the Axe-FX III, it all comes down to ignorance.

Ignorance of the fact that our sensual desire cannot provide a true and permanent happiness that lasts forever. That defilement leads to craving, aversion and delusion and, ultimately, is the root of stress and suffering.

The whole process is called Dependent Origination or Dependent Arising, a chain of cause-and-effects that can be resumed like this:
  • From ignorance as a condition comes fabrications (volitional impulses: bodily fabrications, verbal fabrications and mental fabrications)
  • From fabrications as a condition comes consciousness (sensual consciousness: There are six classes of consciousness: eye-consciousness, ear-consciousness, nose-consciousness, tongue-consciousness, body-consciousness, intellect-consciousness)
  • From consciousness as a condition comes name-&-form (body and mind sense objects: feeling, perception, intention, contact and attention.
  • From name-&-form as a condition comes the six sense media (eye-medium, ear-medium, nose-medium, tongue-medium, body-medium and intellect-medium)
  • From the six sense media as a condition comes contact (the coming together of the object, the sense medium and the consciousness of that sense medium is called contact)
  • From contact as a condition comes feeling (feeling or sensations are of six forms: vision, hearing, olfatory sensation, gustatory sensation, tactile sensation, and intellectual sensation (thought))
  • From feeling as a condition comes craving (craving for forms, craving for sounds, craving for smells, craving for tastes, craving for tactile sensations, craving for ideas)
  • From craving as a condition comes clinging/grasping (sensual clinging, view clinging, rituals clinging and self clinging)
  • From clinging/grasping as a condition comes becoming (sensual becoming, form becoming and formless becoming.)
  • From becoming as a condition comes birth (arising of feeling of distinct self an mental phenomena)
  • From birth as a condition comes aging and death.

And that process continues on and on while there is ignorance as a condition.

In the meantime, since I am not an enlightened being (free from greed, aversion and delusion) I will go back to enjoy a volatile and deluded happiness with my ephemeral Axe-FX III :cool:

Last edited:
Yes but the ignorance factor here is to think of self-existent Fractal Axe III -- nothing wrong using those.

The whole process is called Dependent Origination or Dependent Arising, a chain of cause-and-effects that can be resumed like this:
  • From ignorance as a condition comes fabrications (volitional impulses: bodily fabrications, verbal fabrications and mental fabrications)
  • From fabrications as a condition comes consciousness (sensual consciousness: There are six classes of consciousness: eye-consciousness, ear-consciousness, nose-consciousness, tongue-consciousness, body-consciousness, intellect-consciousness)
  • From consciousness as a condition comes name-&-form (body and mind sense objects: feeling, perception, intention, contact and attention.
  • From name-&-form as a condition comes the six sense media (eye-medium, ear-medium, nose-medium, tongue-medium, body-medium and intellect-medium)
  • From the six sense media as a condition comes contact (the coming together of the object, the sense medium and the consciousness of that sense medium is called contact)
  • From contact as a condition comes feeling (feeling or sensations are of six forms: vision, hearing, olfatory sensation, gustatory sensation, tactile sensation, and intellectual sensation (thought))
  • From feeling as a condition comes craving (craving for forms, craving for sounds, craving for smells, craving for tastes, craving for tactile sensations, craving for ideas)
  • From craving as a condition comes clinging/grasping (sensual clinging, view clinging, rituals clinging and self clinging)
  • From clinging/grasping as a condition comes becoming (sensual becoming, form becoming and formless becoming.)
  • From becoming as a condition comes birth (arising of feeling of distinct self an mental phenomena)

You forgot the Profit step :)

tEKjLfN.gif

But if we really want to look deep into the root of why would anyone buy or sell the Axe-FX III, it all comes down to ignorance.

Ignorance of the fact that our sensual desire cannot provide a true and permanent happiness that lasts forever. That defilement leads to craving, aversion and delusion and, ultimately, is the root of stress and suffering.

And that process continues on and on while there is ignorance as a condition.

In the meantime, since I am not an enlightened being (free from greed, aversion and delusion) I will go back to enjoy a volatile and deluded happiness with my ephemeral Axe-FX III :cool:
Be that as it may, we should always remember the following:

"Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not music.
Music... is the BEST."

(Frank Zappa)

I've seen this several times and it never gets old. My favorite part is after all of the amazing playing Joe says "That was a little painful on this guitar."

It reminds me that a great artist can do amazing things without high end gear. It reminds me that with my great guitar and the Axe-FX III, the only thing keeping me from doing amazing things is me - which then inspires me to keep learning and practicing. :)

Back
Top Bottom